Level 20 quest armor

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Theophastus, May 12, 2013.

1. Theophastus New Member

Searched the forum but couldn't find anything about this, sorry if it's a known issue.

Just started playing again after not playing since basically launch, level 22 bruiser with a friend who has never played before, level 22 fury. Thought at 20 that it would be a good idea to go to Freeport and do the level 20 armor quests, especially since we are both leather and can do the exact same quests.

We've done the first 4 quests so far, with the 5th in our log, and so far I have gotten 3 pieces of Treasured equipment and 1 Legendary (bracer). My friend, however, has gotten 4 Legendaries, and the 5th piece is legendary too. This sounds awesome for him, but he is on free to play and can't equip a single one of them.

What's the deal? Did they get halfway through revamping the armor quests and quit or something? It's leaving a pretty bad impression on him as a new player. Thanks.
  2. Estal Well-Known Member

At lower levels they have indeed changed some items and left others alone, they changed what stats can be in what slot, they changed the stat system itself, as a result at lower levels itemization is messy.
    SoEs answer to it appears to be pretty much along the lines of: level faster and enjoy the endgame content.
  3. Theophastus New Member

Thanks, I figured it was something like that.

It's ironic though that being locked into 50/50 AA exp and being penalized for grouping makes getting to endgame content that much longer, but that's neither here nor there.
  4. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

On the L20 quest armor, they did in fact boost the stats across the board, but then flubbed up in changing the flags...most items went to Legendary, but some remained Treasured.

I suspect they were all intended to be made Legendary.