Level 125 Boost - Not What I Expected

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tocino the Troubadour, Mar 11, 2024.

1. Tocino the Troubadour Active Member

I got the boost when I purchased the xpac and finally decided to use it yesterday. So now I have a level 125 toon and my expectation was that I would get to the new starting zone for Zimara, pick up the gear from the chest and start to play. My expectation did not meet reality. With the new gear, the new mount, the new familiar, I couldn't hit anything and I kept getting killed by the mobs in the first quest. Couldn't even get anything into the yellow.

Fortunately we have a great community and messages to General chat got me the help I needed. Turns out, you really have to do the Panda quests to get the Ire adorns. After I did the 5 panda quests, I was finally able to play in the new zone. Had we not had such a great community, there is no way I would have known to do that. Just a suggestion....if you someone pays for a 125 boost, give them gear they can use without having to go do a bunch of stuff, or at least provide that information so that you don't have to rely on the community to tell you what to do.
    Lateana, Xevran, GrunEQ and 5 others like this.
  2. Celestia Well-Known Member

THIS. I get so annoyed with the fact that they give you a box of worthless garbage to start and then you have to figure it out from there. Just give people the lockbox gear then and there, what is so hard about that? Literally the only good thing about the gear is the appearance.

Even the potions are basically worthless. Do better Daybreak, it's not that hard.
    Kuulei, GrunEQ, Sweety D and 2 others like this.
  3. ChaoPizza New Member

where does one start the quests to get the panda adorns?
  4. Celestia Well-Known Member

Sundered Frontier. Talk to the little Panda dudes on the island with the wizard spire. One will start with a guy standing next to the merchant, another guy will be in the corner when you finish those, and then the latest quests are from the other Panda standing near the merchant.

Basically all you are doing is running around to each zone and getting discoveries.
    Geroblue likes this.
  5. gambitak Well-Known Member

Are your mount and mercenary max level with appropriate adorns? Or, are they max level with no gear and no adorns? Or, are they level 1 and you have to level them? Is your familiar max level?

I used the 120 from the last expac and 30+ days later, my mount and mercenary are halfway through. I can't play this character because it is worthless against level-appropriate mobs.
  6. Celestia Well-Known Member

LOL! Gam, I just noticed how you spelled the rest of your name! X-men? And I know you're from AK, I remembered that from our discussions.
    Or is it from something else?
  7. Sweety D Well-Known Member

This type of issue has problem a for a long time. Barriers to viably play this game is a huge obstacle for new players. I’d guess DayBreak isn’t worried about new players as much as retaining old players. While I understand this mindset (it’s a business after all) simply adding adorns to the lockbox isn’t that big of an ask from the new player community.
  8. gambitak Well-Known Member

Yeah, both a nod to Gambit from the X-Men (I'm a French speaker, grew up in Belgium in my youth) and, of course, from Alaska =)
    Celestia likes this.
  9. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

It's not just new players, sadly.
  10. Solisnight Member

I would add to this, in the latest expansion I did find that a lot of my existing characters were not cutting it even after I had loaded them down with adornments from Panda/Drakkel.
    The first thing I do now on my Alts is check my AA spec, The Server Leveling Spec Doesn't usually have any points in the Class Prestige Enhanced Vigor Skill, this seems to be essential.
    When it comes to AA you are going to want to invest some time researching/setting up a spec that works for you.
    KauaiJim and Raeven like this.
  11. Raeven Well-Known Member

I'd like to add here that free to play players can not do the panda quests. And if they have a 125 boost, it's because they spent money on the game, buying the expansion (unless they are on the Test server, where you get one for free).

And as you pointed out, when someone pays for something in the game, it ought to be playable from the point they paid for.
    Lateana, GrunEQ, KauaiJim and 3 others like this.
  12. Lysia Active Member

I have 2 heroic toons-- they were just awful for a long
    period of time -- still not great at 125 lol ;
    but they have gotten better -- lots of work, just
    keep working with them if you like the class