Let's get down to business

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Undeaddisturbed, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Undeaddisturbed New Member

So I'm trying to take playing my SK a little more serious than I have been. That being said if anyone has a good rotation setup or AA's that I can look at it would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Priority Well-Known Member

Link to your profile would help.
  3. Buffratx New Member

Hiya Undeaddisturbed,

What Basic Magenta'Reacharound means is link your EQ2 wire profile like he did in his signature:

https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/871879793938

Basic is the top SK in the top raid guild in EQ2. He can advise you on AA either in EQ2 forums or EQ2 Discord
  4. Undeaddisturbed New Member

Had an ogre sk that I just remade. Didn't like the look. Here is the new one.
    https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/446696872563

It's fine when I'm running with my friend, but I tried to venture forth on my own and it doesn't do super great. All I have seen is "how op sk's are" I'd like to feel that way. Right now it seems 50% of my damage is death coil.
  5. Madrac New Member

Do the new Panda quests first for some upgrades. All adornment and I think alI jewelry would be an upgrade to you.
  6. Undeaddisturbed New Member

Currently running through the 2017 summer quests. Are those the ones you're talking about? Or the ones in SBH?
  7. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Panda 2017 to 2021
  8. Priority Well-Known Member

Solo or group content?

Regardless, your ability doublecast is really low. Every enemy has a buff under it's name that tells you how much it reduces your effective ADC by. You need 100 more than that.

I really recommend finding a way to get both Chaotic Blade and Reaper's Touch in the prestige tree for AAs. Being able to insta cast your AEs is amazing for nuking things down quickly. Pair it with Crusader's Judgement and it's a wrecking ball.

You also really need to to get your new RoS prestige points. They add a lot to our capabilities and Ready Up is phenomenal.

The rest of your AAs aren't bad at all. A lot are situational so you can swap them as necessary.

The rest is just gear, focusing on Casting speed and Reuse until you get to 100. After that, go whatever way you want with it. I prefer +mitigation just because I dont find any value in boosting autoattack in my normal raid/group setups.
    Clintsat likes this.
  9. Undeaddisturbed New Member

Some solo, but I mostly play with a friend. I know we've talked about doing raids and whatnot eventually.
  10. Priority Well-Known Member

In terms of damage abilities, the priorities should be shadow coil, exquisite torment, cleave flesh, unending agony, death cloud, soulrend, hateful slam.

AE stuff, lead with Earth Shock, Reapers Touch, Crusaders Judgement, grave sacrament, unending agony, death cloud, then start using the single target abilities. AE will be 2+ enemies.

This is all subject to change come VoV, with the recent adjustments to CA damage, I haven't run a new simulation for damage yet, but CAs/AA combat arts *were* leading by a hefty margin.
  11. Priority Well-Known Member

Oh, and keep up Combat Leadership running. The spell can't be tracked, but if you hit it every time you recast dreadful wrath or synergy in a group, it'll have 100% up time. Don't hit it more than that because you're just wasting time.
  12. Priority Well-Known Member

And ignore anybody that tells you grave sacrament is a threat position ability and not a damage ability. Damage holds agro. If you don't lose it, you don't have to worry about snapping it back.
  13. Paws Member

So am I the only one that automatically sang "To defeat the Huns" when I read the threat title?
    Cropster and Breanna like this.
  14. Celestia Well-Known Member

Omg I was just coming here to say that hahahaha
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Undeaddisturbed New Member

Good..lol that was my intention!!