Let’s Talk Tradeskills in Game Update 63!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Piestro, May 21, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Lizbein wrote:
    Just to GET the Skyshrine Tradeskill Apprentice (raid) version requires about 1,500 plat worth of materials. Then each recipe takes 18 days to research, and requires 6 extremely rare dropped raid materials. Those materials are running 1,000~2,000 plat for most combinations of 6 items.
    I don't know any raid guild that is waiting for these "essential" Skyshrine Tradeskill Apprentice Raid items.
    Lizbein wrote:
    So you think it is because of the players that Domino left EQ2? Well, I guess someone could draw that conclusion if they had never spoken to her online or in person, or really had no idea whatsoever.
    Lizbein wrote:
    We dare to bring up that 1,500 plat just to get the apprentice, and 1-2,000 plat per recipe is excessive, and your response is "you want everything to be 10 gold". I suggest you google 'straw man argument'.
  2. ARCHIVED-bellemort Guest

A ton of new tradeskill content....6/7 quests...and a handful of recipes...
    still trying to wrap my head around the TON, or HUGE AMOUNT....or anything MORE then a SMATTERING of tradeskill content.
    Simply put, they played it up, and it blew up in their faces and now they try and play it off and spin it however they want with no real legitimacy to the claims.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

Senya wrote:
    Said with tongue in cheek: have you seen the TS apprentice...he may just weigh a ton!!
    Giggle.
  4. ARCHIVED-mjmartin Guest

There is a long list of people I miss, but Domino didn't leave because of the players. She IS a player. That is what endeared her to us. I can only guess what the politics that drew away her bright talent, but she didn't leave without a reason. I can only blame SJ. Domino tried to get me to believe that he isn't the sum of all evil ... but him making such a collossal mistake in allowing her to leave, proves that he most definately is the spawn of evil.
    No amount of PR spin could turn this miniscule content into 'large amounts'. Sort of like nothing you could possibly ever say will turn that so-called expansion INTO one.
    That being said, my EQ2 RP community is building their own RP world and when I have a choice to login or play there, I'd rather play on our IRC server in text. I have not really bothered doing the so-called content because, well, I'm apathetic and sad with the game. To the point I just took a month off being a Guide (some is health related) because I need to get over the jaded feeling.
  5. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Thank goodness I got all 6 of the crafting quests done before they took away the option to buy a recurring gold subscription via SC today.
  6. ARCHIVED-MrWolfie Guest

Aemm@Splitpaw wrote:
    I just wanted to re-iterate what I said here, now that I've run (at least) one character thru all the quests in WL.
    EVERY PIECE of mastercrafted armor is made redundant by QUESTED gear that is equippable at 90/91, while the MC gear is 92. And there are a ton of names dropping LEGEN-wait for it-DARY gear that is also equippable earlier than the MC stuff.
    I haven't crafted a single piece of mastercrafted equipment because I either can't equip it or there's no requirement for it having already gotten something better!