Legacy of Power: An Innovative Approach is way too hard

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Sherrekhan, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Sherrekhan New Member

For the quest you have to enter two 'solo' dungeons that absolutely are NOT soloable. Plane of Innovation: Masks of the Marvelous [Solo] and Plane of Innovation: Gears in the Machine [Solo]. I only managed to do it on a Fighter (Monk) - no doubt thanks to the damage reduction AA. I then tried it on a priest (Warden) and a Beastlord but I get absolutely obliterated by even just trash mobs. Both level 108 with adequate gear (some of the free stuff + upgraded from quest items.)

I died 8 times on the Beastlord before giving up. The moment my mystic tank warden loses aggro, I'm done for in under a second, this isn't doable at all... meaning I'm forced to go do repeatables to unlock quests that actually give decent XP. And you know what, I'm done. No longer having fun. Horrible/lazy quest design thanks to repeatable grinding and then when we finally unlock something fun (solo dungeons) it's not soloable!

Excuse my language but what the hell are you guys doing. I play games to have fun & I just end up getting frustrated with this crap. So yeah, cancelling sub, I hope someone who reads this takes it seriously because this game used to mean a lot to me. This lazy crap is going to be the end of it.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Since lots of people have managed to get through these solo instances (I run them daily), the problem isn't the instance.
    space
    If you are the Sherrekhan from the Skyfire server, here are some suggestions that will make your life easier:
    space
    • Your current Resolve is 321. When you get ready to do group instances, you will need higher Resolve: T1 Heroic = 378, T2 Heroic = 471, T3 Heroic = 558, T1 Raid = 558, T2 Raid = 617, T3 Raid = 695.
      space
    • You have 293/350 AAs. You need to work on getting your AAs up, there's a lot if boosts in the AA lines you will want. To this end, you really should try to get your Epic 2.0 weapon. If you're not sure how best to allocate your AA, ask in General chat who is the best monk on your server. Take note of the names people give you, and look them up on EQ2U. Not only can you see their AA choices there, you can even download their AA config, then import it for your own use within the game.
      space
    • Level 80 food and no drink isn't going to get it. You need top tier food and drink... which will vary based on the class of the alt. Here's what I'm recommending for your monk.
      space
      • For drink, you probably want Tincture of the Storm (lasts ~30m, 363.3 out-of-combat power regen, 3.4% to all attributes, 30% potency, 6.0% max health) or Stormwrought Tea (lasts ~6hr, 363.3 out-of-combat power regen, 1.8% to all attributes, 16.5% potency, 3.3% max health)
        space
      • For food, you want either Matron's Cobbler (lasts ~6hr, 404 out-of-combat health regen, 5.2% to all attributes, 3.7% max health, 11% potency, 232.3 crit chance) or else Roast Talpidae (lasts ~30m, 363.6 out-of-combat health regen, 3.4% to all attributes, 1.5% multi-attack, 15% crit chance). Last choice would probably be Fried Nightmare (lasts ~6hr, 363.6 out-of-combat health regen, 1.8% to all attributes, 0.8% multi-attack, 8.3% crit chance)
        space
    • Take a look at your stats on Dragon's Armory. Hovering over any stat or clicking on it will tell you more about what that stat does. Your Reuse Speed is 274.5%, and the hard cap for that is 100%. At the same time, you have 0 in Recovery Speed, so you might want to reforge so that those two stats have about 100 each. Click on "Reuse Speed" in the stats box, and it will highlight which gear pieces have Reuse on them and can be reforged. I'd reforge your gloves, moving Reuse into Recovery. There's a reforger/mender in the Coliseum of Valor for handy access.
      space
    • Not one item you have equipped has any adornments on it. That's a problem, because you are missing out on a fairly easy way to get a bunch more Potency, Hit Points,and other stats.
      space
      You need green adorns for your neck and fingers: you can usually get these on the broker, look at what's available and get the best you can afford. Green adorns have to be leveled. You right-click the adorn and apply it to the correct item, then as you adventure and gain experience, it will level up.
      space
      You also need orange adornments. Only a few of these can be crafted, the rest you get as drops in instances and doing weekly quests in the Coliseum of Valor.
      space
      This expansion, potency is king, and as you have discovered, you need a lot of hit points. You will want a mixture of two white adorns:
      space
      • Proven Adornment of Nerve [IV] (+20.7% Max Health) -- obtained by running Proving Grounds until you have sufficient Marks of Glory (160 Marks and 1500p) to purchase the adorns from the Proven merchant outside the portal to the PGs. Any level 100+ toon can do the solo PG, no matter how geared, because you inhabit the body of the Skyshrine Infiltrator (be sure to pick up the weekly quest outside the PG portal, gives extra Marks for doing three matches). I ran all my 100+ alts through at least once a day until I had enough marks for all the adorns I needed.
        space
      • Planar Adornment of Raw Power (+109.8% Potency) -- crafted by a 505+ skill Adorner from the recipe book Planar Adornments.
        space
    Xianthia, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  3. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

You earned the Fount of Power buff and it applied when you entered the zone? https://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Fount_of_Power

I ran both of those dungeons last night on my swashie (my third toon through the PoP sigline), with no trouble - I did use a healer merc, Kluuron. I think she was level 109 when I started. She has 350 AAs, 37159.9% potency, and 370 resolve. (She doesn't have all current content adorns, and she also needs to do some reforging.)

FYI, Matron's Cobbler will stack with other food; equip and auto-consume, then switch food and auto-consume that food, too.
    Sigrdrifa, Xianthia and Breanna like this.
  4. Sherrekhan New Member

Thanks for the tips both of you. I did indeed have the Fount of Power buff active. @Sigrdrifa: I am indeed that Sherrekhan, but that was the 1 character I did not have any issues with. This is the Beastlord I died 8 times on before giving up: Avastyez but I assume the same tips apply, because I'm leveling him the same way; pick up the free level 100 gear upon entering Planes of Magic, and then upgrade a few pieces through questing.

I still hold the opintion that this should be enough to perform a *solo* dungeon while *leveling* - I cannot stress that enough. Other than buying some food/drink there isn't much I can do without a huge time investment, making it unviable for the simple reason that I only need 2 levels more. You cannot possibly expect me to invest many many hours grinding marks for some adornments just so I can finish a dungeon/quest offered to me while leveling. This really brought the fun to a grinding halt.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

You don't need to grind to get the best adornments possible, but you definitely cannot do dungeons with unadorned gear. That's a basic mechanic of the game. Also, you're doing content in the newest expansion without having a fully developed character. You need to get your AA up and, likely, upgrade your spells/combat arts. Once you do those things you should be good to go. If you're not willing to invest time to do those things, then maybe this isn't the game for you. I don't mean that in a pejorative way, but simply as a statement. This game, and most games like it, require a lot of time to properly develop a character.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Make sure you have
    1) double conversion on your first prestige page - gives big boost to crit bonus and potency
    2) 10 pts in enhanced vigot on your 2nd prestige page - gives extra health based on the total of your cb and pot. This is the ONLY way to get extra hps via the Font of Power buff.. since it doesn't acutally increase your hps directly
    3) for not fighter classes - 10pts in the personal ward in the 2nd line of the dragon AA page (4th bubble down) - gives a substantial always on regenerating personal ward

Those three things will make a huge difference in the solo instances.. both to your outgoing damage and to your survivability
    Rosyposy and Zeddicious like this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Yes, you DO want to invest time in getting those adornments. Your class trainer will sell you the ability to Remove Adornments for a few copper. As you upgrade armor, you pop the adornments off the old piece and put it into the new. I'm raiding in T2 and I am still using those same white adorns for the most part (this is on my raid conjy, who is the only alt I'm playing much atm).

You WILL need those adornments to move on to heroic groups and/or raids. Because you will STILL need more potency and more hitpoints because the monsters get harder as you go.

My toons can all transmute (needed to get raw materials for crafting adornments) and adorn (the crafting skill to make adornments), so I go for crafted adorns as much as I can. I would REALLY recommend that, once a day, you go visit Londiar Inygad in your home city and do at least his transmuting and adorning writs, They're short and simple, and you will fairly painlessly level your skills this way. It will save you a lot of plat over time in the long run.

In the meantime, you could go to some older zones and hunt for adornments that will help you out. Your level is enough higher that you can probably tear through these. Some known drops were listed by EQ2U, but I'm posting 'em here to make it easier for you. Links will take you to the wiki for specific mobs and/or zones, which will give you info on where to find them and possibly some strategy data.

Charged Adornment of Raw Power (+1.5% Potency). Drops from:

Charged Adornment of Endurance (+229 Health). Drops from:

Umbrite Adornment of Raw Power (Lesser) (+3.3% Potency).
    Umbrite Adornment of Endurance (Lesser) (+50 Stamina)
    Both drop from:
    Rosyposy likes this.
  8. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I just ran a Templar through that zone - who's probably in the same boat. While he didn't die, he really didn't kill things "fast enough" for me to have fun.. That toons' essentially my "what if I were brand new to the game" kind of thing, as I wanted to see what people were up against. I used only the gear granted by questing / overland named mob drops. No adorns other than what was provided by leveling. So I get where you're coming from.

I want to explore the word progression.

If I finish 1 faction to 50k and immediately attempt to continue the signature line in Valor at level 106, I will not have fun.

If I:
    Finish all 3 factions to 50k earning the rewards for each.
    Get as close to 110 as I can prior to finishing the signature line
    Equip and use all of the adorns I've earned along the way (3 white / 3 orange / 1 green)
    Reforge my gear as needed
    Adjust my AA tree as needed
    What I perceive as fun will be more betterer.

My perception of how game progression really is versus how I *think* it should be is not always one and the same. Even though I'm now level 110, I can't expect to rush right into Shard of Hate Heroic as a plate healer and believe I'm going to keep everyone alive in my solo / quest line gear.. its just not possible. But, I *can* enter the zone so that means I should be able to play there, right?
    Rosyposy and Sigrdrifa like this.
  9. Sogapa Active Member

Sherrekhan, just glancing at your AAs/Prestige trees, you have nothing in the second, class specific prestige tree. You should have 25 points on each level 100 character that you can spend in that tree. Make sure you spend them, and as Mermut said, put points in enhanced vigor on all characters.

I would strongly suggest getting mastercrafted level 105 gear as well. While the gear you get from grinding (including adornments and epic 2.0) are not necessary to be successful in the solo instances, they will help if you are struggling. I had no problems on a dirge without a merc, epic 2.0, or most of the recommended adornments doing those zones....your beastlord and warden should find them easy.

Also, make sure you are using your ascension potency buff and ascension abilities if you are struggling to put out enough dps.
    Sigrdrifa and Rosyposy like this.