Leather armor- Always Tank gear.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Narianis, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Narianis New Member

Ok, so...I've run Dominion on my channeler 9 days in a row. Two of which were daily doubles. In those times I got 8 monk/bruiser leg pieces, 1 leg piece I could use, and two monk/bruiser chest peices. I petitioned wondering if it was a bug and the GM responded that "I was having a case of bad luck" according to what he saw. Seriously? The warden I run Dominion with had 150 tank shoulder pieces before he acctually had a drop he could use in labs. I've also been running chamber/stratum for the last 14 days and STILL haven't gotten a non-tank bracer. I get that you can cash them in after so many runs but there has to be something wrong with the loot drops. There's no way I should get absolutely not a single upgrade in 14 days. Let alone 9 days.
  2. Ainaree Well-Known Member

I fixed this problem by rolling a brawler. The brawler gets all the healer gear. :)
    Feldon and Foretold like this.
  3. Luhai Active Member

Yep. A few days ago I ran Dominion for the daily. At the end the fury got the tank legs and I got the potency legs, yay!
    I guess this is the new version of "smart loot".
  4. Daenee Member

Yeah, I have a leather wearing priest and tank, and it seems that whatever I don't need will drop. Down to needing tank pants? I'll get nothing but DPS and healer pants and jewelry items. Down to needing some other piece? Always get the others on both characters. At least there's the exchange option now... that is until I'm up to 6 tokens and start getting nothing but jewelry drops on both characters. >.>
  5. Buggabug Active Member

This same thing happens with my Inq and my husbands SK in Dom and pretty much every other zone we go to. On the plus note my pally alt is almost fully potent and I've only run her through 2 solo zones.
  6. Foretold Well-Known Member

My monk has gear that's equal to my warden's... and she is a full time crafter. She was geared up before the warden was. So sad.

Every time I get brawler gear I die a little inside.
    Mermut likes this.
  7. Tylia Well-Known Member

I think the leather healer armor is an urban legend.
    Kraeref, Athenia and Foretold like this.
  8. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Goes both ways. All I get is healer gear. Running any zone with my monk or warden the only piece of mit gear I have gotten is hat, which I don't need because I have better. I got cryptic mit shoulders once, though.
  9. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Maybe they should scale the exchange merchant prices? Leave it at 7 tokens for the cloth/chain wearers who don't have to compete with as many other types, drop to 5 tokens for the leather/plate wearers who do?

/shrug
  10. Athenia Well-Known Member

No no noooo. No. Just no. Just because mages do not compete against other types does not mean they do not have gear that drops that is useless to them. Weapon damage mage gear, anyone? With absolutely zero potency? For me that drops the vast majority of the time, and besides wearing it in my forearms slot I've got no use for it. Same goes for the mage alt I've been trying to gear up. It's very stupid that it drops so often, and it's the same deal as if I were on my Fury trying to get healer gear.
  11. Kraeref Well-Known Member

This is exactly why I stopped playing my fury. Hardly any healer's piece. Very tiresome.

My both chanters at least are getting mage gear. Dps and occasionally ability gear. I think mages are only ones who is beter off in ToV expansion in terms of gear reward.
  12. Brainwashed Member

I have the exact same issue, my bruiser alt has way more potent pieces than my channeler, seems definately skewed in favor of leather tank block gear, especially annoying since i would rather have mit pieces.
  13. Regolas Well-Known Member

I see quite an even spread. Both my warden and bruiser have similar quantities all coming from my warden. The WDB pieces are the ones I don't want, and I get a few of those too, but overall, it's not too bad. But I'm sure it's really annoying for people with just druids who never get potency pieces.

I'm currently going through some bad luck on my plate tank, getting dps or pot gear galore from my tank and inq but no mit pieces.
  14. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

It's always going to feel like you're getting the wrong pieces, because half the sets are worthless (plate with neither defense stats nor potency, cloth with no potency, etc.)

The decision to force a choice between auto-attack damage and ability damage was poorly planned, considering how badly auto-attack compares to ability effectiveness for the vast majority of characters.