Leaderless / Abandoned Guilds

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Dergex, Sep 19, 2023.

1. Dude Well-Known Member

Sure. Bad things happen. People get hacked, people join guilds just to empty the guild bank/depots, and all sorts of other bad things can happen. Currently, the game gives us tools to hinder or even prevent much of that. One of those tools is giving guild leaders complete control. Guild leaders can make other people officers or choose not to. No vote should ever infringe on that.
    Breanna and Twyla like this.
  2. Celestia Well-Known Member

That is a good point. Like I said, I can see both sides. I think as frustrating as it would be to have to move on from an old guild though, it would be the easiest way and really only fair way to have them just make a new one.
    Dude likes this.
  3. Evilary Well-Known Member

Exactly the point that needs to be taken by Daybreak. They keep mentioning abandoned guilds, but if the person does come back, it it truly abandoned or just forgotten for an extended period of time. I am solo in my guild currently but if they did make these changes and I did have other members, kicking them all would be the first step I would do each time I took a break. Sad but that would be the only way left to ensure I kept my guild.
    Twyla, Dude and tasnee like this.
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

I took a break once for just a few months, and found that one of the people I had trusted and made a leader (I know my bad) Took over the guild and even changed the guild name, I was mad to say the least and immediately demoted the person, changed the name back to almost what it was originally, since we had a server merge I lost my original guild name because it had been changed. I totally agree with Dude, if you want to make a guild make one but leave mine alone! Even if I'm gone for a couple years.
    Dude, tasnee, Twyla and 1 other person like this.
  5. Celestia Well-Known Member

It's not even bad making a new guild nowadays. Even if you don't have the computer to run six versions of EQ2 in different windows, just ask in General chat if some people would be willing to make a quick character and join your party. Once it's made, they can leave and one can level up super easily with the status you get from dungeons and the RoS achievements combined.

Honestly, I get the nostalgic thing, but you can name it what you want, decorate the way you want, make the guild emblem or whatever what you want, etc. WHY would anyone want to stick with the guild they can't access when you have all those other options is kinda confusing to me. Your memories will live on in your head and heart, no one can steal that :)
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

and than spend the rest of your free time to level it up and spend even more time on getting the status to get that guild hall.
    My guild has now been abandoned for at least 12 years, they never came back, just played on EQ2 for half a year till
    Guild Wars 2 came out, I don't feel guilty at all for telling the devs that the guild was leader less, they check it out too,
    guilds are not just handed over to anybody who wants them.
    Twyla likes this.
  7. Celestia Well-Known Member

Status and guild levels are INSANELY easy to get. Doing one dungeon gets you like 10,000 status or something like that now. Maybe less, I don't remember, but you do enough of them everyday in this game that you are on that it's not even worth worrying about.
    Dude likes this.
  8. Feara Well-Known Member

Why not? most Guild Leaders did.
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  9. Feara Well-Known Member

My feedback is, No.

Abandonment and taking a break for whatever reason are two very different things.

Your 1 year suggestion really smells like a rob.

Think about the Leaders who will be robbed of their Guilds and their status who have been gone for over a year due to RL issues and cannot be contacted/respond quick enough via email and come back to this...
    Breanna, Dude and Twyla like this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I guess I am just lazy I just pick up what was left behind ;)
    Tasnee I don't think I will go out to a level 80 or 90 dungeon and get that much status let alone that I go alone.
    Joking aside, I am very loyal and I hate to leave my guilds.
  11. Celestia Well-Known Member

What level are you out of curiosity? Most end game solo dungeons will give you that status. And like I said, the RoS timeline for levels. I'm just wondering because at 125 you would have no problem in a 90 dungeon by yourself, or are you lower level?

And believe me, I get the loyalty thing, but actually that was what made me LEAVE my old guild's gh behind. Loyalty. I didn't want to change anything about the old guild because I was loyal and respected what my leaders had done with the gh as well as the name. But I wanted to be able to come up with my own name and designs and such, so I left so that I wouldn't mess with anything they wouldn't have wanted me to.

So I suppose it's different kinds of loyalty.

But the other thing about my own situation is that I still am great friends with my old guildies and talk to them daily.
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  12. Dergex New Member

For me, it's been 3 years since I've seen anyone else online in my guild and over 5 years since any leadership has logged in. The reason I want to keep the guild around is because for me it's nostalgic. We all worked together to get the raid trophies there. We worked together to farm the status needed to get the guild hall. Could I do it again? Sure. By myself? Probably. But I don't want to leave everything that I worked hard to build in the first place with others simply because they quit the game half a decade ago.

This wasn't a single person guild. This was an effort of everyone, including me. Why should I have to abandon it all?
    Taliss, SolarFaire and Bhayar like this.
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

You don't have to abandon it. You can continue being a member, but it's not your guild. It's the guild of the guild leader.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Dergex New Member

Gonna have to disagree with you on this one. This guild belongs to all of its members, not just the leader. I just want to be able to start recruiting and have someone managing the guild again. I want it to at least have a chance of life again.
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

You can disagree all you want, but the company has designed a system that says you're wrong.
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Dergex New Member

Hence the point of the feedback.
    Feara and Dude like this.
  17. Lucrethia New Member

What happens if a leader takes a break and the other remaining players (2,6 or 10) who contributed to the construction of the guild with "real money" by buying expansions and donating objects, time, and anything else, remain active but without leaders and officers ? So is the leader allowed to not care about everything the other members have done for the guild?
  18. Dude Well-Known Member

Yes.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Evilary Well-Known Member

At this point, it looks like a lot of us have drawn lines in the sand. Each side is not budging on their opinion. The thing is, at the end of the day, Daybreak set rules in place for things to be done a certain way. 19 years later, it would be a shame to start changing rules as who knows where they would stop and how many people might be lost if they change enough.

I feel for those who want to keep the guild they are in, but I ask that Daybreak not make changes for a few that could have repercussions on many.
    tasnee likes this.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

my highest level toon on live is level 97, and she is not in my guild, she is in another guild she was in at the day she was made.
    They already hade rules under Sony for such a thing, and prevent anybody from just taking over any guild.
    in the guild I took over all Officers and the former leader still have their ranks, and if they come back today they can pick up from where they left of.
    Dergex and Breanna like this.