Leaderboards --> Preferences ????

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Hamingja, Jun 17, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Hamingja Guest

So well.....I worked hard on becoming the *worldwide FIRST one and only really FULLMASTERD Mysti* !
    Stood on Top for only some weeks (I' m from German Server Valor).....then an other mysti got the same number of masters and this one now became number 1, me now is listed as number 2 ..... the other mysti is from server GUK !

Why the hell did they kick me on 2. place ??

Alphabetically can't count, because there are also others in that leaderboard, having the same number of masters and are not sorted alphabetically..............
    Please : GIVE ME BACK MY NUMBER ONE !!

Or is that a Server Discrimination, again ??
    Is there an other US-Player-Preference ??
  2. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

They most likely have more time played on the character (can't check since they have it hidden, however). In cases of ties EQ2Players lists the player with the most time played first, last I checked. Date of an accomplishment is not tracked or used for ranking purposes.
  3. ARCHIVED-Hamingja Guest

baaah......if *time played* really is the scale for leaderboard-sorting, that is unacceptable I think and against every logic !
    btw.: thx for your answer Lord_Ebon........
  4. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Eh not really. It's an easy stat that is a rough representation of how much work you put in your character by measuring how much time is spent playing it (it's not time since created, but time played on it). All else being equal, a character that is played more would be considered more of a "leader"
  5. ARCHIVED-Hamingja Guest

Okay.......then have a look on when I created my mysti and how much time I spent on playing it.......if SOE measurs how much time is spent playing a char , they have to look at the percentage ratio !

FOR EXAMPLE:
    1.) char, created
    time played 398 Days 1 hour 29 Minutes

2.) char, created
    time played 368 Days 5 Hours 27 Minutes

.........so you can see : 2. char is a little less time played, but much later created and much more intensive played, but will never be on top !!
  6. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Eh? Why would they look at a ratio? When you look at the leaderboards it tells you that the last deterimation is just the "age" (time played) in seconds.
    And given your example, character 2 could be on top of character 1; if 2 players more hours a week than 1, then 2 will eventually overtake 1 in terms of character time played.
  7. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Isn't this become hair-splitting? If the leaderboard is about who has the highest number of known masters, and two are equal... Grats to both, they are both number one. They are shown one on top of the other one simply because they can't put both on the same line, not because one is better, nicer, or smells sweeter than the other one... Chances are EQ2Players has the database sort them by the number of known masters, and when both have the same amount, they are simply returned unsorted, probably in the order they were read in the database, with no particular preference. No need to start building conspiracy theories there. :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Hamingja Guest

@ Lantis
    ....so sorry......but you didn' t understand.........may be try to read my opening-post once again ??
  9. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest