LDoN?????

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Thornnar, Feb 20, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Thornnar Guest

[p]I think maybe you may see something to do with the PLANES. Even in early EQ1 you have hate, fear. The fear portal is already in the game. You may see that for raiding in the coming months.[/p][p] I think an expansion like LDoN would be something they could do. This was a great expansion for EQ. We already do insta's and when you get shafted on loots it gets old after like 4 months. However let me earn points for this insta to get items, adornments, mounts, house items, pets, or the like and doing the same insta is not as bad. Better yet have a charm item that grows in power after you put in the time at each area....gee, i think that has been done before and was really well liked. I did more then 75 mission in each camp of EQ1 LDoN and found it nice to be working towards a goal. i have completed CoV, OOB, more times then i care to count, not only that but to walk around in your LDoN bought armor ment something.[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Ogrepaladin Guest

This I heartily agree with. Bring something for those of us who play seriously, but for whatever reasons cannot or do not want to do high end raiding. I don't want to have stuff better than the raiders, or even as good, but something that I can earn that is comparable, only slightly lower.
  3. ARCHIVED-Emperors Guest

[p]I agree as well. LDON was one of my favorite expansions in EQ1. It was fun to run through an instance with a goal and then spend the points to get pretty decent upgrades. I wouldn't even have a problem with the upgrades being almost as good as raid drops just as long as the time the casual gamer would have to invest was equal to or greater then the time it would take a raid force to completely gear up from a zone. For me, I raid 3 nights a week and have managed to get some fairly nice loot (although there is always better stuff that i'm sure I'll never see) and I wouldn't have a problem with some casual gamering doing many, many, many runs through the missions (many more runs than it would take for me to get items from a raid mob) to get stuff that is almost as good as I have because basically they would be investing a ton of time versus the way I get loot which is through a moderate time investment along with the difficulty of the raid zones, and the fact I have to share my loot with 23 other people.[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Smirkey_of_Nektulos Guest

I used to absolutely love LDoN runs. Granted, the rewards at the top end were nothing compared to the most uber raid gear, but I couldn't in a hundred lifetimes be hardcore enough to get into one of the uber raiding guilds so I was happy just accumulating points until I could buy that next shiny augment or piece of armor. Of course I am looking forward to the Planes as well. There is just so much more that they can add to this game and it's already huge.
  5. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

[p]If you ground enough points, you could create a piece of gear that once augmented was within spitting distance of the stats of Elemental loot from PoP, which was the full expansion before LDoN (Ykesha was never marketed as an Expansion, but rather an Extension) I was never a huge fan of the points for gear mechanic, even though as a Warrior I was forced to utilize it to augment my weapons with hate procs, but I also realize that mine is a minority opinion on the subject. It was fun grinding out 6 LDoNs a night building points up for the first couple of weeks and watching the ranking boards, but once we had all we needed there was no reason to go back. And repeatedly collecting 20 of xxx item because all anyone ever wanted to do was collects because they were over-corrected from the horrible drop rate at launch just became too much of a grind. Thank the Gods for GoD.[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-ZarethPixiemezzer Guest

I would love to see a LDON type expansion! That was my most favorite one in EQ1. Discussed this w/guildies many times and we all would like to see that! Necrae/Narelia/Zareth The Forsaken, Butcheblock
  7. ARCHIVED-Carcophan Guest

[p]I disagree.[/p][p]In EQ1 zones were packed with 30-70 people, each group in a set camp, pulling and sometimes fighting over mobs. At times there wasn't enough room to breath becuase there were no real instances that got mega farmed. 95% of EQ2 an instance, 6 people here, 6 people there...15 'City Zones', 400 'tradeskill zones', a dozen or two 'high end' farmable zones AND dozens of 'low-to-mid level' zone/instanc areas. A server with 10,000 people is shrunk to empty apperances becuase everyone is SO branched out as it is already.[/p][p]To put in an expansion with the SOLE intent to keep people in those instances farming and farming and farming, to earn points just to buy gear...it can't happen. The game would die. [/p][p] [/p][p]You have your:[/p][p]-- the "mega-farmer-leet-relic-raid-loot-only-boi's" grinding and grinding to be just a hair better then the guy next to him[/p][p]-- the "your not in my click or guild so don't waste your time asking for a group" with me people[/p][p]-- the "I need 456665 more plat bc im a greedy farmer after more ******" people who would lose 'profit' by grouping with others [/p][p]--and the rest of us[/p][p] As it stands 'the rest of us' would suffer from an expansion aimed at farming points for gear.[/p]