Layout Editor

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by AmarissHex, Mar 12, 2014.

1. AmarissHex New Member

I was curious if everyone is using the layout editor or is it possible to build without it ? By possible I mean build something of quality. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. JesDyr Well-Known Member

I have seen many people do wonderful things without it.

Since they added pitch/roll to the game, layout editing is more about precision and (possibly) efficiency.
  3. Valzen Well-Known Member

I've never used Layout Editor. It is possible to build and have fun without it. You just need to practice with ctr key while scrolling and then while using cursor. It will help alleviate some frustration when placing objects that won't "slide" back/forth or sideways. :)
  4. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I don't use it. My best friend does, I've called her in to assist with tweaks and laying tough tiles, though. You can absolutely make Hall of Fame worthy homes without it, because 90% of building is in the creative endeavor and artistry. The Layout Editor is just a fantastic cherry on a very cool cake. :D
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I have a couple of very nice houses I decorated years ago and have liked so well I haven't changed since. I'm doing my first Layout Editor build, because it's huge and the layout editor tools make it a LOT easier to do (I'm trying to recreate the Inverted Tower from Portugal).

You may find you never need the Layout Editor, or some item that just won't behave may make you crazy enough that you leap to embrace it!
  6. Charlice Well-Known Member

I mainly build without it and just use it to 'tidy up' stuff when I've finished. ie: up/down/scaling
    I've just started using it for 'basic' flooring and walls. (duplicate function)

The only reason I don't use it more is I'm too impatient to learn all about it in one sitting, so I'm learning as I go.

Have a look at this thread. It's like my bible.
    https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2...to-layout-editor-in-bite-sized-tutorials.157/
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Avahlynn like this.
  7. AmarissHex New Member

This is why I haven't even tried. I looked over a few youtube videos and decided to try it without the editor. My full respect to anyone who learned this and uses it :)
  8. Charlice Well-Known Member

Truly just learn little bits at a time or it can be a bit overwhelming. I find it easier learning from written stuff, that I can read over and over again. Once I learn how to use a feature I try and learn another one.

Install it and see how you go. As long as you keep saving your layout, you've got nothing to lose.
  9. Glenorian Well-Known Member

I like to use it now just b/c I inevitably come across something that will not behave. It also gives you a greater range of freedom when using teleportation pads. I don't use the more complicated features,but I absolutely must have it for large tiling jobs. It is so easy to use for tiling and the tiling comes out great. And then if you want to move a whole floor, select all the tiles and move them. Done! I don't think I could live without it now,,,,I've become to dependent lol.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member