Layout Editor - Mirror Function

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Enoibia, May 13, 2014.

1. Enoibia Well-Known Member

I have successfully used the layout editor for floors with patterns and without seams as well as for setting tiles, panels and decorations evenly into the walls in our T1 guildhall.

I am now about to redo the whole of the hall of the West Wing from scratch. For the basic structural work, ie: floor tiles, wall insets, etc, I would like to simply duplicate what I have done in the other wing and was wondering if I can do that easily using the mirror function of the layout editor, since the rooms are in reverse of each other?

I have had a look at the mirror function and tried to get it to do what I thought it should but couldn't make it work the way I wanted. Maybe this is not what that function is intended for?

Has anyone done something of this nature and, if so, would you be able to give me a bit of guidance on how to do it, please?

Thanks in anticipation.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. JesDyr Well-Known Member

Based on my memory of the Freeport T1 GH it should work. .. you will need to edit the doorways and such.

You need to find the X value to mirror across. This should be the center of the entranceway (I think it is 0). Make a group of the items you want to mirror, select them all, right click and click on mirror. On the mirror window select axis "Y Axis" and put in the X value to mirror across. Click Run and it should create the items needed (will pull from the crate if Auto replace UIDs is check in settings).

There was some bugs in the mirror function with some rotations. I don't really remember what they were but I think you just needed to rotate effected items 180.
  3. Enoibia Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply, JesDyr. I think almost had it, according to your directions above. I will give it another go.