Launchpad failing

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Myesharona, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Myesharona New Member

Since the August 5th update, I've not been able to get launchpad to work. It either crashes my system (blue screen of death), or simply disappears. I filed a ticket and at first it seems like they were working hard in discovering the problem.

I have run diagnostics as to SOE's support request, taken screen shots of the BoD,, uninstalled and re-installed numerous times EQ2 setup. Same thing every time. Boot computer, login to launchpad, accept terms of service, watch the download/patch progress bar, progress bar fills up and bam, Bod. reboot, login, accept ToS and launchpad disappears. Nothing happening.

SOE wants me to roll back my video driver. Why? they have not been updated in months. Been playing this game for 18 months with zero problems. So i went out a bought a new video card. Guess what? Bod. clean install or not.

I reported this back to Support and they want me to remove my new video card, install the old one, get an old driver and report back the result. Else they are done with me. Nice.
  2. Alenna Well-Known Member

darn it you mean I did a clean install for the 2nd time in 6 days for nothing? my problem with the game crashing while camping to another toon and then not being able to get launchpad to work was not my computer failing on me could have been SoE's problem? I'm valadating my files for nothing? should I go ahead with my planned scan and fix of my computer before trying to log into the game or not?