Launchpad Doesnt want to load After beta download

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-SaGeiger, Oct 22, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-SaGeiger Guest

I just got finished with my 9.1k second download of EQ2 beta server. I clicked play and it gave me an error " EQ2 has stopped working".
    After that was all overwith i double click eq2 launcher ( with windows 7 admin control on it ) .. it with load the black screen then it poofs and nothing happens.
    What has gone wrong here?

Before i download of beta i did /beta in game and deleted previous copies etc.
  2. ARCHIVED-Synj Guest

I'm having the same problem. I found an alertlog file in my BetaServer folder with the following.

build="SOEBuild=9271" version="SOEVersionString=2012/10/15 23:00:23" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="<None>" loc=" 0.00 0.00 0.00" performance="3" alert="G:\dev\eq2\framework\vdl\VdlErr.cpp(85): (VDL Parser) runtimevdl/cbaseclasses.vdl(22) : Error, File not found, runtimevdl/soemote.vdl"
  3. ARCHIVED-Synj Guest

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
  4. ARCHIVED-OmniAzure Guest

I was having the same problem after updating beta. I went into my EverQuest II installaion directory and then went into the folder LaunchPad.libs Inside of that folder was LaunchPad.Cache. I deleted the contents of that file and my launcher is working again. It may help.
  5. ARCHIVED-Synj Guest

Enric@Butcherblock wrote:
    Tried this. Live still loads fine, beta game version crashes as soon as the new eq2 window pops open.
  6. ARCHIVED-Afista Guest

My launchpad won't start either after DLing Beta yesterday : /
    I can bypass by clicking exe to get into Live ok. But, if I bypass with the Beta exe I can only load the the character select there. Every time I try to log the Beta characters back in, game crashes.

**Edit**
    Enric@Butcherblock wrote:
    Thank you! I tried just deleting inside the cache folder and it didn't work. But, went ahead and deleted the things just outside of the folder and it's working now.
  7. ARCHIVED-HeionEQ Guest

whoops, wrong thread
  8. ARCHIVED-Sanox2u Guest

I had the same problem, eq 2 live would work fine but after downloading beta and running it, it would immediately crash in game saying "eq2 has stopped working". So I tried locating the directory and running it directly but it said i was missing a specific dx.dll file.
    So to wrap this up, I reinstalled direct x and now it is working, hope this helps!
    Sincerely,
    Joshua Rambo