Launch Day Producer's Letter Official Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Isulith, Dec 5, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Isulith Guest

[IMG]

Click the Read More link below to read the Launch Day Producer's Letter.
    [IMG]
    Please use this thread to post about the Launch Day Producer's Letter. Remember to keep your posts constructive!
    Edit: Clicking the "Read More" link now brings you to "SmokeJumper's" forum post while we wait for the EQ2 site to come back online.
  2. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

If only the website were back up so we could actually read the Producer's Letter. :(
    Any chance of posting a copy here so we have something to do while waiting for the game/website to come back up? :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Dethdlr@Butcherblock wrote:
    This. :p Please. ;)
  4. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Cyliena wrote:
  5. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

awww, he's offline. its not going to happen now :(.
  6. ARCHIVED-VikodiN Guest

I forgot the rest of the website is down. You got me with clicking! :p
  7. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Yeah, I can't even tell if my digital download is going through. I haven't gotten any mail that tells me if I need a keycode or not, so I feel in limbo.
  8. ARCHIVED-Karrane1 Guest

Me either Zab. I have never bought digital download from them before.. so not sure how this will work.
  9. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

When you buy a digital copy of an expansion through SOE you don't have to do anything. Once they successfully charge you for it, access will be automatically applied to your account (no access key needed). Everyone, regardless of whether or not they purchase the expansion, ends up patching all expansion-related files anyways, so you won't be sent anything extra.
  10. ARCHIVED-clairebear Guest

To buy with SC, do I go through the in-game marketplace? Once bought do I just reload the game or do I download elsewhere?
  11. ARCHIVED-Crickett Guest

OOh! a working reply button! IMHO
    Freeport was really cool, nice enough to move to now.
    Beastlords were really well thought out (if confusing in the beginning) and a blast to play.
    Reforging is interesting.
    I had a day and a half in Beta and could not see everything.
    /passes out cookies and milk during the wait
  12. ARCHIVED-Crickett Guest

Skyefall@Splitpaw wrote:
    Don't know about a SC purchase but as Cyliena said, after purchase it's automatic. Nothing left to do but patch and run like after any update.
    Cyliena
  13. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Cyliena wrote:
    It is still nervewracking to those who prefer something more solid. but at least thinks seem normal then if that is the case.

Karrane1 wrote:
    Yeah, I have always prefered a hard-copy version (Just in case) , but they didn't seem to do one this year.
  14. ARCHIVED-clairebear Guest

I posted on Facebook that we can't read producers letter due to site being down. Got a reply from Brasse saying that's right the site will be back up once the servers are back up and to "stay on target"
  15. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

Doesn't SJ usually put his Letter on the forums as well?
  16. ARCHIVED-quiarrah Guest

Crickett wrote:
    Me too. . ..I only got my invite to BETA about 2 days ago. . . .It was fun. . .I love the mercenary. . . now I will be able to level up my squishies (magic users) without dieing constantly. . . (reminecient of Guild Wars and their heros. . .)
    Anyone know what the ETA is for all this to go LIVE?? (takes a glass of milk and some cookies and sits on a pillow)
  17. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    When you have the original DVDs from 2004, you don't really need any other hard copies. Especially when you consider how much patching you have to do anyway.
  18. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Also, forget the Producer's Letter, where are the patch notes?
  19. ARCHIVED-Arbreth Guest

He does, or someone does... but usually after it pops up somewhere else.
  20. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    I think the FP ones were posted in Announcements, I may be remembering wrong though

Anyways, now to wait for them to actually charge my bank account, seeing as it still hasn't been touched (by them)