Latest expansion ?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Hariken, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Hariken Member

As an old time silver account player is it worth getting the latest expansion if you don't pay a monthly fee?
  2. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

If you're staying F2P, I'd honestly avoid it like the plague unless you have a burning need to get to 120. If they have a 75% off sale or the equivalent of finding it in the GameStop $3 bin, might be worth grabbing (can't remember if you get a free month - if you do, the "free" 500 DBC (Station Cash) might also help provide value.)

However, I would be remiss if I didn't note that I haven't left our Guildhall, my house, or Qeynos in a few months now, so I might be a little biased. I'm also a silver player that returned about a year ago; in my opinion, the sub-100 content is far, far superior to anything since.
    Ardulafea likes this.
  3. Hariken Member

Thanks for the reply Wulfgyr. I was think this too. I have 2 level 100 characters still finding quest to do and i'm super casual.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

Just know that, unless you have PoP, CD, or BoL, you won't be able to level past 100. That's ok if you're only looking to do the lower level content, but it will all likely be very easy for you.
    Breanna likes this.