Last step of Coldain Rings x4 requirement

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Seni, May 18, 2013.

1. Seni Active Member

The last step of the Coldain Rings HQ quest line - Ring of Dain Frostweaver VI - requires an x4 raid at the Ring War Public Quest to defeat Narandi the Enraged. There is no way this can be accomplished with the current lack of Public Quest attendance.

Are there plans to implement a different step or drop the x4 requirement?
  2. Edelphia Well-Known Member

What server are you on? I have that quest in my journal too
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

I too am stuck on that stage, due to Narandi the Engraged never spawning because of lack of players now. I just want it for the quest completion.
  4. Vordreth Member

Same here. This quest is impossible to finish in any practical manner. It was fine when the PQs were popular, but now it needs to be changed.
  5. Seni Active Member

I'm on Crushbone. I still have to finish the step prior, but wasn't going to bother if I couldn't do the final one. I checked out attendance at different time periods on different days and I was lucky if I saw one other person there.
  6. Senya Well-Known Member

I'm on Crushbone, too. I had that quest on the final step for what seemed like ages. Guildies came out and helped several times, but without 18+ people we could only get the x3 to spawn. One day about 30 minutes or so prior to the PQ start time I just started asking for help in the general chat channels and managed to garner enough interest/help to trigger the x4 and finish my quest.

I really think they need to change which version of Narandi will update the quest. It was easy to complete back when DoV was new and everyone was doing the PQ's, but the zone is deserted now. As you said in your original post, there's no way to complete it with the current public quest attendance.

Try the various channels for help. If I see anyone asking in channels I'll come, just because I know what it's like to have the quest stuck in your journal.
  7. Lempo Well-Known Member

They need to add some rewards in that would encourage others to join in and help.
    Some real worthwhile amount of deity faction points and 1 or 2 of the 2 hr temp adorns would probably be all it would take to get some help the x4 version of that fight would be much faster now with the DPS difference.
  8. Seni Active Member

I remember being a fresh-faced 90 and having to show up early for the PQs because the raid filled up very quickly. People were either turned away or asked to make a 2nd raid :) It was great.

Thanks, Senya.. asking in channels may be what I end up trying.
    Cyliena likes this.