Last Stand

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Adegx, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Adegx Active Member

Second dragon line.

Anyone using the last stand aa? A proc at 2% health is pretty much already a fail. I dug through act and can find no time that it has ever triggered.

I was told i should have it, but i'm having a hard time justifying it. Any one else have any valuable input on this aa?
  2. Silzin Active Member

I think it would have use for coming after a Death Save went off so it can give 50% DR for a few Secs after it. I could help survive the after effects of a Red Text or other death effect. It has a Downtime to long to be relied of every time, but it has a use in some times.
  3. Adegx Active Member

i considered it triggering off a death save, but i could find no instance where it actually did (in act)
    so either its invisible to act or If i go from < 3% to "death saved" it will never trigger. As i never dipped below the 2% threshold.(I died instead)

Anyone got any solid data on it actually procing? and how it procs?
  4. Silzin Active Member

well since it does not do damage in any form or Heal anything in any form... its only Damage Reduction. I think the only way to see if and how often it procs would be search the Log its self, or set up a ACT trigger to sound each time it goes off so you can tell in game when it does.
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

The way to test it would be to find a source of consistent damage, say the landmines in The Hole from Sentinels Fate, each one deals approximately 4 million damage if my memory is right. If granted you would die both times but if you took only 2 million from the 2nd blast than Last Stand is working.

The issue I have with LS is how situational it is for 10 AA, with how trees are set up were now once again (thankfully) sacrificing AA in one area to have an ability in another area.
  6. Adegx Active Member

Ok can do you one better than that. Played with the creature conjurer 2.0. That thing is so darn cool. *gushes all over dev*

Anyways, i summoned and epic assassin, summoned the buffer and set myself immortal (basicly a perm death save) and watched...20 deaths later it finnaly triggered. you DO have to magically dip below 2% without overshooting it.

My verdict: probably a waste of 10 AA
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

dear god.... that is bad if you actually have to be between 0-2% to even trigger it.
  8. Silzin Active Member

If it is not when you pass throw the 2% threshold but when you get to 2% and do not Die then this ability is absolutely and unduly useless. I thought it would be nice to help after a Death Save went off, but .... NOPE.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

Would rather a clicky with a LONG recast like 7 minutes before Reuse Speed (230 second recast at max Reuse) that can be used for 50% DR for 6 Seconds, that could be worthwhile for an extra save or sorts, it won't keep you alive without a healer though, just highly-mitigate the damage for a short duration.

I'm just thinking out loud here.
  10. Silzin Active Member

that does sound a lot more useful
  11. Hayz New Member

probably only a situational skill that you would take if you had a Tenacity of War adorn because you screwed up by accidentally selecting it and had a spare adorn slot anyway and the mob doesn't just wipe out the still small buffer it provides in the same hit .....
  12. Adegx Active Member

Its also invisible to act. There is nothing in the logs at all.