Lag spike

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Whilhelmina, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

For the past half hour (starting around noon PST) we are experiencing massive lag spikes on the server. There's an hug one happening while I'm typing this post (we're speaking 30s or more lag).
    Everyone is experiencing it, so it's not coming from our side.

Edit: and server crashed
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Cindigo New Member

I tried to log in during all that and got a weird message on the character select screen saying I could not play as any character I tried to log in as because I "have too many characters" (which I don't). I relaunched the game and the issue was gone, but then a few minutes later the server crashed.
  3. Kasa Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me. Before all you mention I had zoned into Qeynos Harbor and found no NCP's, I couldn't type and my Ratonga was running really fast with odd run graphic (not the broken leg),
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

So server was last up 56 minutes ago according to the Game server status page. It started lagging during the last PQ. Then I alted and zoned into Vegarlson: Ruins of Rathe with me and me and was at half the first named when a 30s lag spike hit. I asked into Test channel if it was just me, somebody said it's been going on for 20 minutes, somebody else confirmed a massive lag spike, I started answering "it looks like a server crash happening" and the server crashed (I jinxed us hehe).
    Current error message says "Could not connect to a login server. The servers may be busy, please try again in a few minutes".

We were 20ish connected at the time.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, all I can tell y'all is that 2 hours since this, I'm STILL getting that infamous "Trying login server #1" rubbish, which is only good for elevating people's blood pressure beyond the safe new limits (apparently, if your first number is anywhere near the triple digits now, they have the right to strap you to a gurney and force-feed you experimental drugs that you'll have to pay them a bankruptcy-inducing cost for allowing you to participate in their testing...or is that too cynical?).

I mean, I really don't think this mythical "login server #1" exists except as a placeholder...it's been infuriating me and anyone else trying to get to the EU servers (back when we had more than one) ever since we discovered we could make more free toons there, provided it wasn't our starting region. ;->

The only possible good news of this is that they're trying to fix things on Test and didn't give us the "better clear out NOW" warning we sometimes get there. Fingers crossed. ;->

Uwk
    who's appalled at the thought: being punished for "too many characters"?? Since when is this a thing (the horror!)? :eek:
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Was finally able to log in late last night/early this morning (though truth be told, I wasn't trying very hard, having a Holiday Swap house to get started on, on another server) and get something more done on Test. Now, though, it seems to be cycling from 0 (the desired default) to 30s and back again, lag-spike-wise, almost cyclically...wish I knew what the cycles were, though. :-/

Oh, and the Marketplace is borked AGAIN. Please fix this for us before Erollisi Day is over. >:-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Most of my life, which has been long, very, very, very, long, longer than dirt, according to my children, my blood pressure has typically been 78 over 64 or in that general vicinity. I never knew that I should be dead or comatose with that blood pressure, no doctor ever told me that was far to low. When they started Tysabri infusions for MS (which is for relapsing MS even though I am a Progressive), they were all panicked because it was so low. They kept staring at me and checking my pulse, to make sure I was still alive. I finally told them to back off, I am good, I will tell them if I am dying or need assistance. I do not get Tysabri any longer because I have JC antibodies and Tysabri could activate them and I could get PML which is the human form of mad cow disease, go even crazier and die faster!! The spousal unit is convinced I already have mad cow disease and that I have had it for the entire 20 years we have been together. *glares at the spousal unit*

Now I am getting Ocrivus infusions and my blood pressure has been hovering around 94 over 80 which for me is high blood pressure, so who knows. I don't believe the medical professionals do. This is from the cheapskate that detests the fact that a pharmaceutical company can charge over $90K for an infusion of medication once every 6 months, the bill totals $187,213.12......
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I'm typically at 90 over 70 and often spike lower (in the 80 over 60 range like you), when I had an epidural, the sensor was sending alarm beeps non-stop. And my obygyn kept writing it at 120 over 80, I never understood why, guy was weird.

Problem with those blood pressures is that you can get tired very easily if you're just a bit below your average :/
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Please tell me insurance covers SOME of this...? :-/

You're not a cheapskate, sweetling, you just want some money in your bank account someday. :eek:

And don't tell me, let me guess; Tysabri is a "biologic"? One of those things that apparently GIVES people lymphoma and tuberculosis??

Both my mother-in-law and my hubby have had "low" blood pressure (my hubby still does; my mother-in-law doesn't have to worry about hers any more :-/); while he hasn't been to a doctor since school, he does exhibit some of his mom's symptoms, which means that "real" doctors would probably look at him funny, too. ;-> /shrug

Anyway, about the lag spike and not having access to the Marketplace before Erollisi Day is over... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I had lag spikes night before last on AB that we lasting 20 to 30 seconds. I went to MD and they were only 15 seconds or less. I do not typically have a lot of lag issues.

--------------------

Tysabri is not a targeted biologic as they call them, but almost all of the injectable or infused MS drugs are made with either hamster DNA or some type of bird DNA. These are all for patients with relapsing MS.

Ocrivus, which is the new one, and funny enough is the only drug in the US approved by the FDA for patients with progressive MS is a Rituxin family member. Rituxin is used for Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, my mum's sister is on it now, my mum died from Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma.

I hope that one day, the FDA catches up with modern medicine, there have been fantastic treatments being used in England/Scotland, thank you J.K. Rowling, for more than 30 years for Parkinson's, ALS, MS, and many other Central Nervous System and/or Auto-Immune Diseases but the FDA does not feel that 30 years is long enough for testing results.

Medicare does not pay for any of it. The Federal Government pays the drug companies to produce the drugs because they are considered orphan drugs and in return 90% of the cost is written off by the drug companies, the other 10% is either written off by the infusion center or they get a Philanthropic group to cover the 10%. Of course anything written off is purely tax deductible.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oy... ACA for the win? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.