Fixed Internally Kylong Boat in front of NQ Gate (Test build 15244T)

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Whilhelmina, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

We have a slight graphic bug problem on Test. Niami's input is that it happened rarely for years but now it's all the time (none of the pleyrs around had ever seen it before).
    Every time someones exits North Qeynos into Antonica, escapes within Antonica or exits the Bar of Brell into Antonica, we see the Kylong Plains boat floating in the trees (and we can't even gather it as a "weird sighting" for Snoogle!).

The ship (or sheep? does it says "baaaah" and floats and is pink?) stays a bit and disappears after a couple seconds.

Here is a screenshot:
    [IMG]

Additionally, if you fly on the boat and land on it before it poofs, your character will disappear and become invisible at the time of the poof. You can become visible again through zoning. I also turned visible again when I got out of the water in the Antonican grotto leading to Blackburrow.
    Prox, Breanna, Quillyne and 1 other person like this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

My memory is that it has done this randomly in the past, but I'd not seen it for many months. (I don't exit out of Antonica to that spot much due to fast travel) It seems to be happening "All The Time" now if you exit into Antonica from the NQ gate or from the Brell Bar, so I am not sure if this is caused by the event-heavy zone, or if it is an overall issue with that little-used zone boat.

I DO remember seeing that boat treed back in the original beta 15 years ago :D
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

grabbed a loc at the bottom of the mast before it disappeared: 1.51, -1.55, -1.91. Best guess is that it spawns at 0,0,0 before despawning for whatever reason.

I also don't see the actual ship at the docks.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Boat is still in the tree today (Test build 15253T)
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Boats stays up for 18s after zone-in (timed it in an already-created zone). Camping to self makes the boat reappear.
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Bump. still happening
  7. Bunji Developer

I'll try and take a look this week at the boat.
    Marae, Breanna, Tkia and 1 other person like this.
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot Bunji!
    Breanna likes this.