Kyle Bayle / Ethernere

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Mixxit, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Mixxit Active Member

Has Kyle made some sort of deal with Cazic and Rallos to get them into Ethernere?

Does he have power over the corrupted harrowing horde?

How come he's not mentioned in the solo questline?

Where is his power of ethernere?
    Dragan likes this.
  2. Dragan Active Member

Yeah, I've been wondering about his connection as well, not to mention the not-so-veiled threats he has made to my Monk, Paladin, and Beastlord.
  3. Meirril Well-Known Member

Well, we've been able to explore two sections of the Ethernere so far. It is quite possible that Kyle Bayle is able to influence the Harrowing Hord (or possess them like he does people) and has managed to take over a small section of the Ethernere, like lets say Antonica, Thundering Stepps or the Commonland's equivellent zone. With Drinial merged with his plane and driven mad by fear and war Kyle could probably get perty far without any real opposition. Heck, following the flow of Fear and War would get the Hord to help him build an army of lost souls and try and make a gate to invade Norrath or another plane.
  4. Dragan Active Member

Kane having Karan locked down as his Undead Fiefdom, while Lucan controls both the Living and the Dead of D'Lere that would make sense why we couldn't connect to either area.
  5. Meirril Well-Known Member

It actually wouldn't make sense for Lucan to know anything about the Ethernere. He is very firmly bound to the mortal world (more so than real living people), so how would he hear about what is happening on the other side? Even more, why would he care?

Kyle is holding on to Norrath by a thread. Having his slip between the Ethernere and Norrath...actually doesn't make any sense. That trip to the Ethernere is very one way with a little magical help from Norrath calling back souls on occasion. But still, its a lot more tollerable for Kyle Bayle to be in a position to have knowledge of both "worlds" than other NPCs.
  6. Rainmare Well-Known Member

or it could have simply been Kyle bayle making an empty threat. remember he says that if you don't turn back, he'll kill you and then torture you in Etherenere where his power has such a huge reach...and when you still aren't backing down, kicks you out of the room. same when you confront him every other time. he seems to be able to stop you in place/root you kinda deal...but beyond that he runs like a girl when he's actually faced with a threat of fighting you.

or it can be that yeah Kyle bayle is based out of an area we don't have access to.
  7. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

I got the impression for the L&L that the Harrowing Horde is rather part of the ecology of Ethernere and that their current surgeance is a result of so many souls piling up and not passing on. I can't see them serving any "foreign" entity.
  8. Mixxit Active Member

I think you might be right about there being an area we haven't visited yet. Wonder also where Vhalen's 'Final Foe' is? Was it a place called the Spiraled Maw or something? Also we're missing the gray wastes too I guess!
  9. Dragan Active Member

Heheh That might be interesting to see the Etherenere Antonica and if Kane has a Citadel where Qeynos stands and Vhalen giving quest from his bell.
  10. Anaogi Well-Known Member

Heh. Wondering if we're going to see the Dead Hills after all...
  11. Meirril Well-Known Member

We'll get the Ethernere version of it first. It will be covered in wildflowers and tall grass. Unicorns and kittens will roam this vast savana stalking their natural prey, butterflies. The souls of dead internet mems are drawn here. This is a raid zone recommended for level 98 players that will test your mental and physical fortitude.
    Cyliena likes this.
  12. GabenBison Active Member

It's highly likely that Kyle Bayle and the overall Qeynos plot will unfold in the next expansion or so. After all, The Rime were shown off midway through the TSO expansion. It wasn't until two years and two expansions later that the plot started to unravel in Destiny Of Velious.

Or when we saw Crushbone Orcs back in the days of DoF in Rujark Clefts. Or The Swifttail Caste in the Village of Shin giving us slight clues that RoK is the near future.
  13. Rainmare Well-Known Member

the qeynos plot ends with the qeynos line. Ironforge gets arrested, his brother takes over, and all the dissenters to the crown basically shuffle their feet and say okay, we'll follow you. the actions of Kyle Bayle pretty much can't be afforded politically for any of them, especially now that Antonia shows she will stand up to the Council if she has reason to.

the orations at the Qeynos castle is Kyle trying to sway the general populace against Antonia...and doing a rather poor job of it, I would think since Antonia easily refutes every claim he throws. He may still have an ally in Bellengere, but even he is watching his steps carefully becuase he knows Vishra and his other colleges are watching his actions carefully now.
  14. GabenBison Active Member

You don't know that for sure. How do you know a plot won't unfold with him retreating to Dead Hills to rise up the fallen New Qeyno's upon any lore event in the near future via game update?

No one expected Erollisi Marr to come back after what happened with the Shard Of Love update. Then came out the Goddess Risen event that changed that.
  15. Rainmare Well-Known Member

not saying that Kyle Bayle's schemes and plots end, just that his attempts at the throne from within Qeynos are pretty much over and done at the end of that line. all his allies (cept maybe Bellengere) turn back to Antonia. Ironforge is arrested. attempted murder of Antonia is more then enough to make sure no one is going to risk aligning with him any further in the Council openly...and the only one that may still aid him is Bellengere the Three, because he's turning into a Miragul 2.0 as far as his need for power. but even he isn't going to touch him in a manner that could get traced back to him.

So we may see Kyle again, but I don't think he's going to be playing politics next time. and I think the next time we see Kyle it'll be in Ethernere