Kunark retail: “All-In-One” compilation the only version? plus how hard it is to find out !

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-blueOrange, Nov 2, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-blueOrange Guest

Will ALL retail boxes of Kunark be the same as the “All-In-One” compilation and thus include the base game with all the expansions and adventure packs?

I think this is probably the case, but I want to find out before I wait until the 14th to look at the box. If its not the all in one I will cancel my order and pre-order the digital download. (Yes, I prefer to have the discs to assist in reinstalling it if I have to at a later time.)

Larger issue/complaint:

I checked the info on the EBgames website and it didn't mention anything about it being a compilation. I then tried to find the info on SOE websites, couldn't find anything. So I used the life online help chat system. The person was clueless and could not tell me.

I suspect that all the boxes ARE the same “All-In-One” compilation, but again I want to confirm it for myself. In addition, frankly I'm annoyed and actually disappointed that this information isn't clearer to the average consumer.

At one of the main eq2 website pages (http://everquest2.station.sony.com/buyNow.vm) soe lists six retail stores where one can " Pre-Order Retail Pack". I followed the links and looked at the info that each store gave in their description of the product. Of the six stores, only one of them, compusa, said anything about it being an “All-In-One” compilation.

Of course SOE is not in control over what these other company's put on their own websites. But for the problem to be so pervasive I have to believe that SOE has something to do with it! One would think that someone at SOE would be looking at how major retailers are portraying their game and work to achieve some consistency and accuracy.
  2. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

I have heard that they are only releasing one 'sku' (barcode) of RoK in order to encourage stores to keep them on their shelves.
    You don't have to worry about accidentaly buying a version that doesn't come with everything on it.

The expansion is advertised as an expansino, but then if you look at the box it will say that it includes everything else as well.
  3. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

This is the box art for all copies of Rise of Kunark, if you look along the top you can see(even though it's hard to read... especally on the Tumbnail Pics on the retail websites) that it is in fact an All in One pack.
    [IMG]
  4. ARCHIVED-blueOrange Guest

great, thanks for the responces.

that pict of the box art was helpfull, as you said, the small text couldn't be made out from the thumbnail at the retail sites.

So that takes care of MY problem.

This still leaves the issue of the information not being aparent to other people browing those retail sites.
    Am I the only person who thinks a major compony like SOE should be able to manage this better?
    I did read a bunch of threads about people ranting about the all in one package. I think its great there is only one sku, that makes total sence and I think all the expansions should bave been this way.

But to avoid confusion by releasing just one sku and then reintroduce confusion my letting retailers list the product so differently it APPEARS to be a diffent product, that certainly doesn't make much sence, except that it simply apears to be the SOE way.
  5. ARCHIVED-Dredom Guest

What I really hate is the fact that this IS an all in one. I mean cmon i've been playing since before the release on DoF.... and have bought all of the expansions and adventure packs individually. So how is it that some noob can go pick up everything at once and not have to drop the $40 for each expansion and the $20 for the adv packs, not to mention the base game price. I think that us long time players who have dropped all this cash into the game should either get a discount on RoK, or a couple free months, or SOMETHING beneficial!!!
  6. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

Dredom wrote:
    Your unjustified sense of entitlement should astound me, but it doesn't. They don't make them pay full price for each individual box because they actually want new players to join the game. You did get something beneficial. You got to play it when it was new and you've gotten to play it for a few years now. You got what you paid for. You are owed nothing else.
  7. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

LordPazuzu wrote:
    QFE.
    Just like EVERY game out thier the price drops to next to nothing, or gets put in a compilation pack with-in a year of that game comming out, thats just how it works, because thier are so many options out thier the Software companies have to do something to intice new players.
  8. ARCHIVED-MasterManX Guest

so if I get Rok I can make a new account with the key? or do I need everquest 2
  9. ARCHIVED-SkuaII Guest

MasterManX wrote:
    rok includes :

Eq2

Dof

Kos

EoF

RoK

3 adv packs

so no , u dont need eq2 :)
  10. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

SkuaII wrote:
    additional qualification - you can start a new account OR upgrade and existing account with 1 key, not both
  11. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

MasterManX wrote:
    You can make a new, fully-loaded account with the key.