KoS to Starting Faction

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Occam, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Occam Well-Known Member

I made a new illy and started him out in Darklight Woods. I quickly discovered that for some reason I have high faction with Halas and Kelethin, but I'm KoS with FP and Neriak! I have to assume this is a bug, since illys can be evil side. Anyone else experience this?
  2. Cravaro Active Member

Because you made your character "good" and thus an enemy to FPT and Neriak. All characters, regardless of class, can only be good or evil, not both.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Cravaro Active Member

I have to amend my post, Some classes can only be good, and some can only be evil. But the majority can chose faction upon creation. You will still be locked into good or evil depending on your choice. You can betray to the opposing faction via quests or token at any time if you so chose.
  4. TechUp Active Member

It's a bug, albeit one I haven't seen in a long time (5+ yrs). I once made a human monk and picked Neriak as my starting zone. I then proceeded to get face-stomped by the guards as soon as I loaded into the zone after character creation. When I checked my faction, it said I was aligned with Qeynos, Kelethin and Halas.I just deleted the character and started over.
  5. Occam Well-Known Member

For neutral races you choose your faction when you choose your starting area. If you choose a good starting area, your faction is automatically set to good, and the opposite is true of evil. As TechUp said, it's a known bug, which is exactly what I was trying to ascertain. :)