KoS, Tenebrous Tangle cloud travel reverted?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Semperfifofum, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I decided to play in TT a bit, and noticed that the "old" method of travel is back. I tried to google it, and apparently, update 57 was supposed to make all the TT cloud travel points connect to each other, but what I'm experiencing is this (from 2007):

http://eq2.zam.com/db/zone.html?eq2zone=537218aa63e2c063f92108166d269010

Glad for that article because if it wasn't there I'd be wondering wtf even worse. I've played through this before, (but after U57), the problem seems to be that the first travel point (next to Kinlock Skyrmir) is non functional, and I don't remember how to make it functional.

So the only way I can get back to the Temple grounds is to use Escape.

To make it more clear here's what happens:

* use Spire to enter TT (the cloud travel pad right next to me is 'off')
    * quest a bit, then jump to Hidden Refuge
    * click the HR cloud pad, the only option is Breeding Grounds
    * go to BG and click cloud pad, the only option is Hidden Refuge

At that point I can't get back up to the Temple Grounds anymore without using escape, or zoning out and back in.

Nearly all online guides are telling me this shouldn't be happening and all the cloud pads should connect to all the others, within TT.

So how did you get back up to temple grounds before the update made it easier?

This character has no flying mount and I assume that's not going to become a requirement. And if there's a jumping puzzle with the jumping mount, I haven't figured it out. Anyone remember how that worked before the update?
    Crock and Saw-Lau like this.
  2. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Uhh, wait a minute. I might have figured it out. There's a travel pad right behind the water, it goes back up to the Temple Grounds only. It's not listed in the Hidden Refuge list of travel pads (link in previous post).

It seems like the travel pad next to Kinlock Skyrmir is "arrival only" and can't be used to travel to the other ones anymore. Which is still different from what the documentation says but it's workable.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

IIRC this had something to do with the launch of the TLE servers and is working as intended. There are ways to travel around, but it's a bit of a pain.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Saw-Lau Member

Yup - that's the fella!
  5. Svenone Well-Known Member

A sign of a failed SOE/DBG promise (TLE mechanics were not supposed to affect LIVE servers). At least you can bypass the cloudpads with a flying mount if you are able to use a flying mount.
    Meneltel and Crock like this.
  6. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Well one good thing that came out of the TLE that affected the regular servers is they fixed some of the broken gear. I hope they fix Tribulation too. The gear in there was bugarrific last time I checked.
    Saw-Lau likes this.