KoS Itemization Feedback/Issues/Bugs

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Revvix, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Bekkr Well-Known Member

Still, though.

All the content is easier than it should be.
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

There is no reward from running heroics other than quest updates. So making them more difficult serves no purpose.

I am all for making dungeons less faceroll, but only if there is some kind of reward to chase.
    Arandar likes this.
  3. Spiritus Praeteriti Member

The amount of disconnect you have from logic and reality is astounding. You do realize the exact same argument can be made about literally every single raid dungeon and encounter you've already killed after that first time, right?

What is the "reward" you're getting from running those zones over and over for beyond marginal increases in stats? Doing the same content slightly faster? That's your "reward"? Nope. Other than getting those QUEST updates, as YOU so eloquently said, is the only reason, right bud?

So that's okay for your reward to be this, but someone else's reward most definitely cannot be that other thing.

wow. there's a real braintrust of players running the vocal majority these days.
  4. Spiritus Praeteriti Member

Why do you all insist on framing difficult : TTD?

Having a reasonable TTD per encounter != difficulty. Having mechanics that actually require a brain and having said mechanics working properly so that brains cannot shut off and breeze through a zone != difficulty, it equals having to pay attention and play a role... You know... almost like this is a roleplaying game or something!

Difficulty comes from encounter mechanics and how many people in the group or raid actually need to be responding to them, that's it. How many ifs and how many thens.

"how much of a time sink is it" - isn't that supposed to be the entire point of getting those marginal gear increases that Zenji says aren't worth more than the quest updates? So you do the zones faster and they're less of a time sink? I don't know, you tell me.

And no, certainly with not how the TLEs have been trending, a reasonable TTD and functional mob mechanics seem to be completely out of reach for an entire TLE from start to finish. From the amount of discord "discussions" and posts on here every few months, seems to be going well!
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

You must not play on the server, because nobody can possibly be this ignorant. ;)
  6. Arandar Well-Known Member

I don't know what server you're playing on, but there are zero KoS heroic zones that have encounter mechanics that require anyone paying much attention to anything (unless you want to count a boss doing an AoE now and again as "mechnics"). Even historically there were only four fights that required any kind of vaguely paying attention: Sothis, Ishi-Kurat, Grash and the Devourer.

I played on Stormhold where they intentionally made the dungeons more of a slog from the beginning. It did not enhance the experience. It just made them a slog on your 20th time running through HoF or whatever.

If they want to give those mobs more health and increase their damage, fine. Then make the increased time to complete them worthwhile by actually itemizing them with decent chase loot. Just don't waste our time by making it take longer to kill trash for trash.
    hobonumber2 likes this.
  7. Spiritus Praeteriti Member

Amazing how everyone who calls you out on your ignorance of basic logic just must not play here, or ever on a TLE.

Your raid party clears a zone for the first time, meaning what? Everything is dead. Meaning what? Your raid party was capable of killing everything in the zone in the current gear they are wearing. Meaning what? Gear upgrades mean absolutely nothing in regards to whether or not your raid party will be able to complete a zone, considering said raid party has already completed the zone. So what are you repeating these raid zones for?

What's the reason other than quest updates pal? Can't explain that? "You don't play here" is your only explanation for why you're repeating zones that aren't giving you anything to help you complete something you've already completed? You're so wise!!! I can't imagine why the Devs stopped listening to you!

I really don't care if you can't actually connect the dots. That's your verbatim position on group content. It's not worth doing because other than quest updates, there's no gear to gain. Guess what? Gaining gear isn't helping you do anything you've already done before so... yeah... not really a valid reason to keep doing those raid zones over and over either!

Amazing, another "you don't agree with me, so there's no possible way you can pay a monthly fee and play on this server, no way!"

Did you even read your own response? What's the real issue here of why you all don't want to and claim to have "no reason" to run these zones over and over to keep yourselves entertained?

You can buy all your spell upgrades. Turn off research and see how many group zones you end up doing because you need that extra 2% from going from Expert to Master. You'd all be in them until you had full masters. The itemization is terrible. The zones aren't fun to do because they don't require any brain power. Sounds like it has a lot less to do with the zones, which will always have changing names and loot tables, and those amazing quest updates Zenji is so hot for; and everything to do with, oh I don't know, the core mechanics of the game. Namely, difficulty, rewards : difficulty, and time invested. Wow. What a shocker. So you're saying that if the core mechanics of the game that have kept players playing since the start of MMOs weren't terrible, the game would be more fun for you?

You don't say.
  8. Zenji Well-Known Member

9. Arandar Well-Known Member

This is 18 year old content. What is there to figure out? We all know how the dungeons work, there's no strategizing here. There's no "brain power" required to run HoF or Den, particularly for the nth time. You run them for quest updates or for loot.

If you get a kick out of just smashing bugs or killing Sothis for absolutely no reason but to do it, then have at it. If you personally feel it's too easy, you can find creative ways to make it more difficult for yourself.

My singular point is that just making them "harder" won't enhance that experience. Requiring players to spend more time clearing HoF doesn't mean you've made that dungeon more enjoyable.
  10. Daltharr Active Member

Dragonhide Shoulderpads doesnt have a turq slot. - Dar Brooch doesnt have a turq slot

Why is there still items that doesnt have the basics they need?

Whats the point in doing the Claymore questline when we cant use the reward?? That questline is long.

Why should we find friends a grp up so we can get the neckpiece from Temple of Scales?

Make the rewards worth using. - its what makes the game worth playing.