KoS, AAs and Shinies

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Heccie Thump, Oct 14, 2022.

1. Heccie Thump Member

OK, I am planning ahead to the expected Xmas time release of KoS and am looking for some guidance. I haven't played any previous TLE servers this far so I am not sure how the earning of AAs will work:

a. We have to get to Lvl 70 before we start to earn AAs?
    b. We can move the slider and start earning AAs immediately?
    c. Is it based on the Live servers and we will automatically earn X amount of AAs per level above Lvl 10 and instantly be given the AAs on launch, or on reaching 70?
    d. Some other mechanic?

I have been saving completed shiny collections (we do get a lot of shineys from Overseers!!) to be cashed in for AA experience at the right time. Or is it worth it to just cash the collections in on launch to get a XP boot and maybe one or two levels to start with?

As I understand it, we get 50 AAs with KoS. Correct? What does that go up to with EoF? 100? 200?
  2. Spiritus Praeteriti Member

When AAs are active, you earn AA exp starting at level 10. When AAs get turned on with KOS, everyone will be defaulted to 100% EXP -> AA and 0% EXP -> Leveling, so make sure you adjust that back down to 0% to level. You will have no trouble hitting 50 AA. You will not earn AA per level like live, it's like it was, quest exp, killing epic nameds gives more than group than solo, discovering new areas, etc. Once you hit level cap all exp goes to AA.

Collections are quests so when you turn them in, with 0% exp > AA, you'll get exp as well as AA exp from completing a quest. Your call there. Like I said, no one is going to have trouble hitting 50 AAs in two weeks, let alone 3 months.

EoF it goes up to 100, not like that matters until EoF is turned on.
  3. Heccie Thump Member

Initial Reply Deleted

Edit:

I found the page on EQ2i explaining the AA rules on TLE servers and it appears the XP/AA slider doesn't become a thing until EoF, so it looks like you have to grind to 70 first, then start pumping into AAs.

Also, for those interested, in EoF we get a further 50 AAs and the second AA page opened for use. It doesn't clarify whether you have to split AAs 50/50 between the two pages or not.
  4. Spiritus Praeteriti Member

Okay, spread misinformation all you want. Your AA slider will be set to 100% AA exp when KoS gets flipped on. If you go turning in all your shinies and your exp sits at 0 exp into level 60 still, save us all a petition and complaining and come read your own reply here, okay?
  5. Heccie Thump Member

I came here to try to find out how it works with AAs when KoS launches. I am not trying to spread misinformation, what I want to do is to save all my completed shiny collections and hand them in at the point where it will give me a surge of AA experience. What I was trying to find out is when that will be. From the wiki I discovered this:

Players on a TLE server cannot change the AA conversion slider until The Echoes of Faydwer expansion unlocks. Until that time, it will be locked at 0% and AA can only be earned through normal questing, discovery, collections and killing unique monsters.

Not being able to move the slider is irrelevant to me. The mistakeI made was to assume that you cannot earn AAs until you hit 70, but on further reading your first reply I dug some more and found this more detailed explanation above on the wiki. So, unless I hear otherwise I will log in when KoS launches and go immediately to the collector and hand the lot in.

Thanks for taking the time to be respond.
  6. Arandar Well-Known Member

Earning the 50 AA points is not difficult, nor time consuming, particularly after you've reached 70. I wouldn't worry about it one way or another.
  7. Heccie Thump Member

I remember it wasn't difficult the first time out, but if my experience of levelling up any alt since the inclusion of AAs it is a hell of a lot easier once you start getting some points into the AA tree.
  8. Spiritus Praeteriti Member

Sorry I forgot that whenever something is printed on the internet, it makes it law.

Enjoy all of your AA exp and sitting at level 60 with 0 exp into the level because you didn't bother to take 5 seconds to make sure the slider was set to 0.
  9. Heccie Thump Member

I don't think you understand that is what I want to happen. I will type this slowly and clearly so you understand better.

I am saving up shiny collections to get AA points, not to get adventure XP. There will be plenty of opportunities to level up, but having points invested into AAs straight away will make it easier in the long run.
  10. Zenji Well-Known Member

Most people will have ~40 AA by the time they level from 60 to 70. It is not something you need to save collections for.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

12. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

All that matters is just 1 AA point to get Dogdog on the Shaman.
    Fetish likes this.