Korgo in Fabled Vaults

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Derfel, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Derfel Active Member

Is there a strat for this guy? I play healer in a weekly group and we were unable to make anything resembling progress on him. Every time he would hit the tank for about 3/4 of a million damage in under a second, and that was with all my reactives up, even the emergency ones. Some times he'd lead off with it, others he'd wait a while and then end the fight that way. There were no emotes or graphic cues of any kind. Other than having my big direct land at the same instant by sheer luck I'm not seeing a way past this.
  2. Ynnek Well-Known Member

We've never had a problem with him, but I just looked at some parses, and noticed that our mystic warded for 0 HPS on him every time.

Either he needs to be fired for slacking (always possible, but it appears to have only been on Korgo each time), or Korgo's outgoing damage ignores wards. It sounds like you're a plate healer, so it might not be relevant..
  3. Derfel Active Member

I am an inquisitor healing a paladin. The group is reasonably but not fantastically equipped (mix of cryptic and arcane). The no wards thing would effect how much damage the pally receives while demonstration of faith is up, but not to the extent of what we're seeing.
  4. Kalika Well-Known Member

He hits a bit hard, recently my Necro was there with badly geared monk, zerk, wizzie, and crap fury.
    On first two pulls monk got destroyed (I fd and rezzed the fury).
    Next he tried with all his temp up (and i told the fury to cure curse ASAP) but again
    monk dropped after 1-2mn (i was chain healing him too).

So we finally switched tanks and took the zerk who had better gear (monk was tanking to pratice).

I have been there with my warden and avarage hps was 100K on a sk, i got similar numbers
    with my paladin (with various healers). This is significantly higher than in Lab/Halls (i have seen heal parses lower than 40k there on my tank).

So it's trivial on potent gear and probably in improved arcane (ie gemmed), it may be hard in quested/AS gear
    especially if your tank is using dps gear instead of %mit/%hp gear.
  5. Derfel Active Member

Yep, the strat for this guy is "get better gear". I re-ran the fight with a pick up group consisting of half our usual crew plus 3 others including a beast of a guardian (15k mit, more than a million hp with my temp max health buff active). The fight was trivial. cryptic or partial arcane will work for some roles, but for a tank full arcane or better appears to be required.
  6. Draylore Well-Known Member

Compared to all the other bosses in the new fabled zones this guy does hit hard. I have done this zone a few times with 4 toons (2 players boxing 2 toons ea, Guard&Assassin, Defiler&Coercer) + 2 mercs that we run most heroic stuff with and the Defiler is working her you know what off to keep my Guard which is mostly in Arcane gear up. :) I can say for sure that timing and keeping up Guard temps correctly is key as is curing the curse.

Doesn't help that he has to be killed twice :(
  7. Eoria Member

So basicly strat is tank and spank? he got no trick in his sleeve except LOH?
  8. Kalika Well-Known Member

Except curing a malediction that he cast on pull and probably destroy tank mitigation ....
  9. Ynnek Well-Known Member

I really wish the devs had answered the question of "What is the intended audience of these zones". (Did they somewhere and I missed it?)

Given that they drop Jewelry and Weapons that are upgrades to virtually all equivalent slots in ToV heroics (excluding the rare weapons from labs, and all of Dominion) - one might assume that they fall intended progression wise 'after' you have geared up from the other ToV zones. (meaning mostly potent gear, lightly gemmed). It would have never have occurred to me to even try Korgo in cryptic gear... Or with a tank with under 1m hp. Or under 15k mit. Or in a group that requires a constant temp rotation to survive. (Hats off to those of you that did it)

But that's just my guess - we don't know. Since we don't know the intended audience, we have no way of knowing if he's right for the intended audience, which is annoying...
  10. Ynnek Well-Known Member

This post amused me more than it probably should have. Basically, because I had the following conversation in a pug recently...

"So, what's the strat on this mob.."
    "No strat, simple tank and spank..."
    .. pull.. healer clears NO dots, just lets them sit there, we eventually succumb to some effect never normally seen...
    "But you said there was no strat, you didn't say we needed to clear dots.."
    "@#%^??? Clearing dots isn't a strat. Clearing dots is your job. You see a dot, you clear it, it goes without saying! You're an Inquisitor for christs sake!"
    "... but you didn't say to clear the dots..."
  11. Kalika Well-Known Member

Indeed in my necro PUG, first half wipe (she fd) was due to curse not being cured fast enough.
    I agree that curing is not a strat, but here you need to be as quick as in raids.

This is why i hate the new fabled instances, i keep people clean of detrimentals ... just because some may be stuns, some may be mitigation decrease .... and spamming cure is super boring especially
    with 20+ mob casting stuff.
  12. Draylore Well-Known Member

Ha sounds all too similar to groups i have been in.

I guess in EQ2 these days ...."strat" includes telling DPS to attack, tanks to taunt and healers to cure.