Known Bug?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Sudedor, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Sudedor Well-Known Member

Wondering if this is a known bug . . . I spotted this on my Wizard, and I would assume because of it's location that it would affect all Mages . . .

In the Shadows AA tree, Mage line, the ability "Runic Protection" does not appear to be working properly. The descriptive text reads: "Adds some additional mitigation to Magi's Shielding". The effects text reads: "Increases the hit points and defense by 8%".

To make a long story short, after poking at it a bit, it's pretty apparent that the only thing that actually applies here is the 8% additional defense. There is no observed change in hit points. There is no observed change in mitigation. The defense clearly goes up.

Now, I'm not sure what needs to be changed, but something definitely needs changing.

Whichever of these options might be correct:

1. The text needs to reflect that this is only an increase to defense.
    2. The hit point effect needs to increase the STA stat and the descriptive text changed to match that.
    3. The mitigation effect needs to increase mitigation and the effect text needs to match that.

Unless I'm missing something, this is pretty bugged.
  2. Ynnek Well-Known Member

I was working on AA's anyways, so I tested this, and found the exact same results.

Magi's Shielding used to increase your Hit Points directly. Runic Protection increased the modifier by 8% for each increment.

Magi's Shielding now increases Stamina, which indirectly increases Hit Points. Runic Protection probably still increases the direct HP modified by 8% (8% of +0 is of course +0).

I honestly don't remember how/if it used to impact Physical Mitigation ...