Kingdom of Sky questions

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Yezra, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Yezra New Member

What lands do the Bonemire, Tenebrous Tangle, and Barren Sky hover over? Or are they in Norrath at all?
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

Overrealm, it's not quite known but I believe that they are high above Norrath in areas unreachable by normal means. It's been a LONG time since I did KoS so I don't remember much of the quest information.
  3. Kalika Well-Known Member

First time there i jumped of to go back to norath main land (I'm a fae) ... I was very upset to die.
  4. Meirril Well-Known Member

The Kingdom of Sky is the remains of the Plane of Sky from EQ1. This realm use to contain the Eye of Veeshan and thus the dragons find it to be a holy land for them. Back in EQ1 (aka the Age of Turmoil) the only way to reach the Plane of Sky was with a Wizard at the South Ro Spire using a special reagent to cast a special portal spell. If you fell from the Plane of Sky you ended up in the harbor of Freeport.

During the time the Gods withdrew from Norrath the Plane of Sky became destable and the bits we know of drifted into Norrath proper. The Poet's Palace is actually a piece of the Plane of Sky that made its way to the Desert of Ro and was anchored above the city of Maj'Dul.

The exact location of the Overrealm isn't known. It is in Norrath proper and no longer in its own plane. In at least one conversation one of the owls talks about flying back and forth (I think its Jabber in TT near the spire). My best guess would be somewhere close to Maj'dul but honestly it could be anywhere above Norrath.
  5. Gash Active Member

In Tenebrous Tangle it is always daytime
    In Bonemire it is always nighttime
    In Barren Sky it is always dawn

I thought this was due to the way they orbit around Norrath at just the right pace to keep them perpetually at the same "time of day". Its been a long time though, I could be wrong.
  6. Rainmare Well-Known Member

It's high enough that the gnomes could reach it with a rocket...so not out in orbit I don't think but definitely upper atmosphere I think. the the lands I think are also still 'planar' in that they are areas of Sky during certain times of day. Barren Sky is the Dawn..Tenebrous is supposed to be 'twilight' and Bonemire is 'Night'.

plus despite how high it is...things can still breathe. including us.
  7. Meirril Well-Known Member

I'm thinking the islands still retain a huge amount of magical energy. They skys are magically stuck in a permanent time of day because of the mood of the place/inhabitants. If a really powerful being moved in I think the isles might change to better reflect the new inhabitant.
  8. Rapha Nissi New Member

I pulled out my old Prima guides hoping the KoS one mentioned above what the isles were located, but it does not. I did want to share a little bit from it that touches on the points made about it's energy and where in the atmosphere it is....

"I sense echoes of the gods here...and yet this land is not the fabled Plane of Sky of old......No more than a whisper on the wind remains here to recall that magical place, just enough to allow the great archipelago to remain aloft in defiance of mortal logic, held in place by strands of ancient power such that its lands are I perpetual daylight, twilight, or night. It is clear these isles were once of the Plane, but drifted downward in ages past. They are now separate from it, as we have all been separated from the lost gods of old. ......As one peers down, arcane mists obscure our beloved Norrath from view."