Killing the Blackscale Rune Cube

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Mizgamer62, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Is there a strategy for killing this cube? I have followed the quest that leads up to this step to the letter. I talked to the dragon and then equipped the Dragon's Tongue Staff and attempt to kill it. I understand that it's hp regenerate quickly, but I am hitting it with every thing I have and I won't die lol :(. I notice a script now and again that says "the blackscale rune cube is aware of your presence." Is there some trick I am missing here? I am ready to pull my hair out with frustration. Any help would be greatly appreciated. All customer service told me is that they have had many reports of other players meeting with the same frustration. Thanks.
  2. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

From what I could tell, there was no trick to it other than outdpsing its health regen. However, I would also try absorbing magic on it as you attack, as perhaps without power it cannot regen?

Much like the later solo instance where you will want to be in your tankiest build, for this you may want to put on your dps pants and boost up your potency and crit bonus if they are sorta low.
  3. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Thanks for the reply. As a casual player I have taken my stats as far as I am able to. I guess I just won't be able to finish this quest. Oh well lol :p.
  4. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Invite 5 friends to stand by and be cheerleaders for you, they must actually cheer though.

Seriously though...The extra resolve will help.
  5. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

What level of resolve do you recommend?
  6. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I finally got it...thanks for suggestions.