Not A Bug Kill Stealing

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by FalconClash, Oct 29, 2023.

1. FalconClash Well-Known Member

I was fighting a Skeleton on Nek beach when another player ran up and aggro'ed it away from me some how. The fight became locked on to them so I couldn't even finish the battle.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

Ya that's as annoying as node stealing. You can lock your encounters so people can't steal them from you, that's what I do.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. FalconClash Well-Known Member

I thought they locked by default. Which is why I'm reporting this as a bug.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Dude like this.
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

No pretty sure you have to set them up to lock the encounters as far as I can recall.
  5. FalconClash Well-Known Member

First time I've had it happen, so I assumed it was on default. Thank you, Bre.

This is why I hate other people.
  6. mythicaly Active Member

locking always been default for me till recently
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

LOL one of many reasons, the list goes on and on.
  8. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

It's not a bug. this is how things have been since the start of the game. You have to voluntarily assign it.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Alt-O, under group options, look for lock encounter.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Maybe you had, Mythicaly, and something changed? :-/

Uwk
    who also believes it should be on by default, and if you don't want that for whatever reason, you can change it in the Options
    Twyla and FalconClash like this.
  11. FalconClash Well-Known Member

I second that.
    GrunEQ, Geroblue, Twyla and 1 other person like this.
  12. Taled Well-Known Member

I prefer it not being on personally, but I suppose I can see why you might prefer the oppositr. It's actually fairly difficult to kill steal and get credit for it - you would have to have not damaged the mob nearly at all for someone else to *actually* steal it. If you've done more than something like 3-4% damage, they can only assist you. If they do more than 50%, at that point neither of you should get credit at all, IIRC. (Though it may be different if they can one shot it and you've only done 3%. I just know I have accidentally helped a bit too much in the past and broken mobs...) but I prefer if people are able to help when I'm on a weak alt, etc, and I definitely wouldnt remember to change it every time.

The number of people who 'steal' already aggroed mobs is very slim at any rate.
  13. iceverything Master of Respawning

Not sure why someone that hates ppl plays a game that has ppl playing it. And to think you are complaining about one kill steal really? ROFL There are SO many other things more important than someone taking a mob from you.
    As was mentioned, if you did not lock the encounter then the mob is open to anyone running by to fight it. So its your fault. Far as I know it has never been default setting. But yes in EQ II as in off screen life there are rude ppl even here, get use to it.
  14. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

I've had those calcified skeletons on Nek Beach, after I've kicked the bone piles, pop up, not as my level (on my lvl 100s).. But as level 125s, and agro on to ME. And I've done the /who for the zone, there's usually a few 125s hanging around, but as to where, I have no clue, and why it auto-jumped to 125 and still agroed on me, not sure. Usually after about 5 seconds, the skeleton depops, and I moved to a new bone pile to kick.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Officially, it's Default Solo Auto Lock, and with a name like that, you'd figure it actually WAS "default," but apparently not... :-/

Uwk
    who has it checked ;->
    Geroblue likes this.