Kildiun the Drunkard raid.

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Vasco, May 8, 2015.

1. Arieste Well-Known Member

So you're looking for feedback on loot from this mob from people that haven't killed anything in altar? That narrows it to exactly ONE guild worldwide... here's hoping they chime in.
  2. Gninja Developer

I am looking for feedback from guilds who aren't running extremely high raid wide parses. I can't balance these fights based on top 10 or the loot most definitely is not worth the effort involved. Keep in mind the guilds this zone is designed for aren't blowing through the zone in one run.
    Neiloch likes this.
  3. Enigma Active Member

Any ETA on the DC earring fix?
  4. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Maybe when Cazic gets fixed, it could be killed. Currently that fight is seriously overtuned that no amount of gear you can farm from Altar will yield any progress on that fight without the use of exploits.

But doubt it will get changed at all 'cuz all the dev efforts are going into casuals who barely play this game and the ones who do pay and play on an almost daily basis get the shaft.
  5. Arieste Well-Known Member

The guilds that this mob is designed for aren't killing it. Which makes one wonder if it's really designed for them.
  6. Uncle Active Member

@gninja

we have taken a few pulls on the one shot and our guild is a mid tier and here is my feed back.
    yes sadly were one of the guilds ww that is not killing any altar mobs yet but we are trying :p

1. the residual dot damage seems a tad high.

2. The hp seems about right now.

3. I agree about chance of random loot that can be obtained from mobs 1~4 is like a slap in the face to any guild killing it . Like others have said is meh at best even for us. Some mains have are using a couple of the pieces mainly for as resist gear. Example the one piece with ability mod proc if you trying to get away from proc's leave it static stats or make the temp Ability mod a lot higher like 20k as others have mentioned above.

Baz

Our average pull on it on it has been about 45 sec so id like to know what kinds of guild you gear this encounter for.

Uhot
    Unclebrig
    Uncle
    genesis permafrost
    konofo likes this.
  7. darkward New Member

My guild can kill the first 5 named in Cathedral, the last 3 of them are very hit and miss if we are missing a few key members, the 4th and 5th we have only done once if I remember correctly. I think I am right in thinking we are just about where this zone is aimed at?

My experience so far is that if our full raid force turns up we can pretty much run through the names without much difficulty up until the last named and the 1 shot. The one in the main room with the 3 doors took us a full raid to get right, but it dies easily enough now.

The 1 shot mob we have tried 2 or 3 times, I would agree the AE seems a tad high and tends to kill anyone without full raid resists, if they have 1 healer it is far worse of course. We have still to work out the strat, but so far it seems about the same difficulty as the 3rd and 4th named in Cathedral, so am hoping for drops on that kind of level and up a bit as it is a one shot after all.

On a more general point I will add that if this zone is supposed to even out progression with regards difficulty and drops, I think it misses the mark. What we are finding is that the drops are mostly going to alts and recruits, are main raid force is not getting improved gear from the zone. in order to level out progression there needs to be an increase in quality of gear to give a foot up into the next tier of raid mobs in the main expansion, but we are just not seeing this.

Even if the loot was right I think the plan is floored, aiming more content at mid level guilds is just bad maths. If you aim content at the higher level it eventually becomes mid and casual level, hitting 3 tiers of players instead of 2. The real lesson to learn here is to plan progression better before release because it is practically impossible to change after. Not complaining it is good to see new content going in, but if you are looking for feedback there is mine.

Solaray
    Splitpaw server
    konofo and Arieste like this.
  8. Vasco Active Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one having problem with Kildiun. The guy is a wrecking ball. By 2 minutes mark, his AOE is hitting for 2mil+. That's enough to pretty much one shot most dps unless they have a warder in group.

Witch doctor laser beam of death. Not sure if I'm am missing a mechanic or something, but the totem is like a phaser from the starship Engerprize. The dmg is obscene, and fast hitting. Last time I read the parse, the thing was hitting 3-4 mil unmitigated and it hits 2-3 times a second sometime. I also noticed that ward didn't preven lasert dmg, but channelers interception did. Will have to double check next time.

Baz, well, lol might as well turn around if you're not one of the top WW guilds.

Those 3 bosses feels really out of place when it comes to the whole theme of bridging the raid gap.
    konofo likes this.
  9. konofo Active Member

By "Altar," I think he meant the second Ossuary raid zone (Altar of Malice), rather than the entire Altar of Malice expansion.

My barely-top-50 force routinely struggles with your DPS checks, but has more success in script-heavy fights, after a little trial and error. We're mostly through Temple and Cathedral now. Like the others above, we haven't come close on Kildiun or Baz.

I'll echo the comments on Kildiun's damage. Even after we solve the barrel roller (whenever that may be), the pulsing damage will be out of control long before we get through his new and improved pool of HP.

Baz feels like something we can get through someday, perhaps, with better gear and a lot more practice... I'm just curious where you've slotted that fight versus Protector of Bones, a multi-mob scout-tank fight that we handled on our first night of attempts.

I would be thoroughly disappointed to finally get Kildiun down and see any of those in the chest. We've already looted all four of those items from other weaker mobs in the zone, and we'll surely have had our fill of them by the time we can kill Kildiun. In my opinion, this fight has no business sharing loot with Charanda or any of the pushovers leading to Baz.

I'd support the suggestion to get some of Baz's table duplicated onto Kildiun, because for guilds capable of winning, those are the zone's only meaningful drops, and a chance at some extras will make the other 8 fights slightly less grumble-worthy.

kono
  10. Arieste Well-Known Member

That's what i understood as well. My point was there is exactly ONE guild worldwide that has killed this mob and NOT killed anything in Altar (the zone). So saying that feedback for this guy's loot should be limited to those guilds that are not killing stuff in altar basically limits it to a very tiny and unrealistic audience.

Those that CAN kill him don't need his loot and those that supposedly do need his loot can't kill him.
  11. ZUES Well-Known Member

Gninja, although I wouldn't state it as rudely as some of the posters in this thread, I concur that gear in Rum Cellar needs to be bumped up a smidge. I applaud your new combat mechanics (crouching and stuff) it's a lot of fun and great to see some new ideas. But this late in the xpac we need just a tad bit more gear lovin; especially chest and legs as those two seem to be the most needed slots by many in our raid force. Also, please fix all Rum Cellar gear so we can use the Discord Conversion stones on them (PVP blue slot). Thanks.
    [IMG]
  12. Arieste Well-Known Member

Just want to point out that both of those DO drop in Rum Cellar, and have helped substantially with fitting people out. That was a good addition!

Another good addition for the last mob would be ONE drop of a 2/2 purple gem. The ones dropping of construct are inevitably (And rightfully) going to the Chest pieces that drop along with them. It would make sense to have at least ONE more drop somewhere in the game. Especially considering that guilds would still need to obtain the purple armor off the mobs that drop them and the first gems off the mobs that drop THOSE. So little harm done to gear progression.
  13. ZUES Well-Known Member

Ya this late in the expansion it's getting harder and harder to get people to show up to kill the chest and legs mobs in AoM. I'm assuming this is a gamewide problem for many guilds. Happens every expansion. Sad to see so many people still rocking the 4 slot green legs and chests tho. We progressed, but not as fast as many other guilds. Now it may be too late to finish some of the content (due to recruitment). :(
  14. ZUES Well-Known Member

Oh and please allow us to add Essence of Venom and other essences to the Rum Cellar weapons. Currently you can't.
  15. Arieste Well-Known Member

Well.. if you're not doing Temple and Cathedral (where those 2 pieces drop), then you must be doing AoM, which drops the better versions of those piece. And if you're not doing AoM, Temple OR Cathedral, just what exactly DO your people show up for?
  16. Vasco Active Member

Well, looks like pally take less dmg when eating the beam from the witchdoctor. Kinda suck for guilds who doesn't have a crusader.
  17. amedu Member

overall, i like the script based fights, like baz. took some time to figure out the strat and get enough key classes into the raid, but well...i think most guilds / forces know that problem. in times where ppl stop playing because it isn´t really fun to work the whole day and sitting in front of the monitor in the evening and watch how "timewarp avtive" passes by while one tries to click 2 charms, or casting 2 spells which should together for example should take 2,25s but in reality need 5-7s... yeah a i know whats coming now - those damn custom UIs... or ISPs ...

if they cant fix the laaaaag, maybe they will build the scripts around the lag in the future. something like "run a circle around the mob, before server recognizes that u start moving"

until that its mostly the server performance which decides what to kill or kill not, yes mostly - not all - but sad enough...

but i can see a light at the end ....when all the raidforces / raiding guilds stopped playing (because of their custom UIs..) we can build cross server grps and run the 2-3 toptier heroics >.<
  18. ZUES Well-Known Member

Who said we're not doing Temple, Catedral and the other AoM zones? Stop trolling. We're in all those zones 3 times a week.
  19. Arieste Well-Known Member

Not trolling, was just responding to what you said here:

which I assumed referred to Temple and Cathedral. Which "chest and legs mobs" did you mean then?

The way that i understood your post is that it's hard to get your guildies to show up for 2 out of the 3 endgame zones. Which made me wonder what exactly they DO want to show up for... because there just isn't that much beyond that. No offence was meant.