Keeps crashing!!!!

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Leloes, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Leloes Well-Known Member

I've done everything I can think of but the game keeps crashing! I've uninstalled it, re-installed it, I made sure everything that had EQ2 or DBG was deleted and still it crashes after only a matter of minutes(or less) of getting into the game. Everything was working just fine until Monday's server maintenance. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. This is the error I received when it crashed a few minutes ago.............

<verify> G:\live\eq2\framework\render\DDSTexture.cpp (235):
    !"Unknown DDS texture flags"
    00ced6ce 00cec4c4

Please someone help me! Or am I doomed to not be able to play EQ2?:(
  2. Leloes Well-Known Member

Okay, submitted a support ticket. Hopefully I can get some help resolving this issue!:rolleyes:
  3. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

DirectX 9 installed? I think it's 9 , but you need a specific OLD one, not the latest.
  4. Leloes Well-Known Member

I've looked for DX 9 but haven't been able to find it.
  5. Leloes Well-Known Member

Found it but can't install it because I get message saying it won't install as a newer version is installed.
  6. Leloes Well-Known Member

Support gave me things to do to get the game to work but none of their suggestions resolved the issue. I guess I'm just not going to be able to play the game. That is unless I can find a a way to resolve the problem myself.
  7. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Zahkrosiis likes this.
  8. Leloes Well-Known Member

Zahkrosiis and CoLD MeTaL like this.
  9. Leloes Well-Known Member

It worked! The game is no longer crashing! The only problem I had is when I used the bell to travel to the peat bog it sent me to the character selection and I had to logout and start again. Otherwise everything seems good now.
    Juraiya and CoLD MeTaL like this.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

WOO HOO!!! Gratz I hate when things don't work and get frustrating I'm glad you got it fixed and it's working now.
    Leloes likes this.
  11. Leloes Well-Known Member

Thanks!
  12. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

this needs to be sticked to the top of support, DX9C is really required to play and the link is a good one for others who get into the same trouble as you.glad you managed to fix it.
    Leloes likes this.
  13. Leloes Well-Known Member

I agree. Not even support told me to do this. It would help a lot of people who are having the same or similar problems as I was.
  14. Zahkrosiis New Member

not to bug anyone but i dont know exactly how to fix the crash issue x.x
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

If you are playing on Maj'Dul, crash to character select is what happens when you try to zone. Or it doesn't. Seems random to me.
    Breanna likes this.