Katzie's Cog Condo by Kamoj

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Kamoj, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Kamoj Well-Known Member

Server: Oasis
    Owner: Katzie Kogburner
    Decorator: Kamoj Oakcleaver
    Type: Small Home
    Published: Yes

Hi Al! I'm Katzie Kogburner, and my fantabulous friend Kamoj made me a condo that is just perfect for me in this icky, bland Gorowyn. Come on in and see!

[IMG]

As you first walk in, you will find my workshop! Does she know me or what?!? All my whizfangles. dohickeys, and whatzits all in one place!

[IMG]

If you look UP you can see all the wonderful gears that help keep my house running. I love the sight of rotating gears in the morning!

[IMG]

To the side is an exhaust fan to keep all the fumes and whatnot from going into the rest of the house. Don't mind Bob, there, he's always in the way...

[IMG]

/sigh....Bob. Anyhow, here's my extra special distillery.

[IMG]

And over on this side is the panel that controls the whole place, as well as my material bins, which can be conveniently raised and lowered.

[IMG]

In the next room is my main living area.

[IMG]

With some custom design sofas, and cookies always at the ready. Nom!

[IMG]

She also made sure I get a pit of nature in the place, since I keep to my workshop so much of the time. And, she (correctly) assumed a counter would be better for my needs than a dining table!

[IMG]

She also custom designed my kitchen counters! I know she tried hard to organize my stuff for me, and I will try hard to keep it neat, but I just know it will become all discombobulated!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Alright, let's go upstairs! Read the warning, low clearance! (I am a Gnome, after all!)

[IMG]

To the private living area! Let's look around the room CLOCKwise! (giggle)

[IMG]

First up is a small desk area for those things that aren't workshop related. (Crazy, right?!?)

[IMG]

Then a small closet/dressing area.

[IMG]

Perfect! Ok, time to move on.

[IMG]

And a nursery! Perfect for when I Gnomeling-sit my niece!

[IMG]

Aww, she even made a cog mobile!

[IMG]

Then to my bed. I asked her to leave the furnace and pipes exposed so I could monitor them for any issues!

[IMG]
    Geden and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Kamoj Well-Known Member

Next over is a nice little reading nook.

[IMG]

Then a vanity area, for when I'm feeling girly.

[IMG]

And a bath! With my patented GnomeTouch Technology! No knobs needed! Just touch the faucet to start and stop the water!

[IMG]

And finally, back to the elevator. I hope you enjoyed the tour, and remember, visitors are ALWAYS welcome!

[IMG]
    Avahlynn and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Geden Well-Known Member

Wow Kamoj, this is so perfect and clean! I would have never thought it was Gorowyn home from the inside. You really made the best of round shaped rooms in here, and I totally appreciate your choice of large cogs for door frames. Totally worth the visit, as it is better in person :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Kamoj Well-Known Member

Aww, thanks! I had a ton of fun doing this. as I hadn't done anything clockwork before at all!
  5. Geden Well-Known Member

Well I think it looks even better then, because the zone flows from one area to another seamlessly. I would not have guessed it was your first "cog" project. Glad you posted it, it is a gem and a must-see in person :)
  6. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

This is great! What did you use in the kitchen to make the cabinets? The ends of chests? It's super cool lookin'.
  7. Kamoj Well-Known Member

It's New Combine night stands with the feet sunk and the top is a Tinkerer's Shelf flipped upside down. The night stands overlap really well - using them for another project right now too
    Avahlynn and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.