KA TS Sig Status Reward

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Gerak, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Gerak Well-Known Member

So far I have run 9 of my 24 TSers through the Sig series. I have not noted the amount of status received for each one. Those that I have noted show an alarming trend. The status rewarded has decreased with each successive turn in.
    The first of 6 on one account received 177k status.
    The 4th received 150k.
    The 5th received 144k.
    The 6th received 60k.

The only one on the second account I noted was the 3rd and the reward was 172k.

I am not sure whether this is Working as intended or if it is a bug.
    I will be sure to note the reward of the remainder of my crafters.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

What were the respective adventure levels of the toons?
  3. Gerak Well-Known Member

177k = ADV lvl 100
    150k = lvl 95
    144k = lvl 95
    60k = lvl 29

172 k = lvl 62

I can see your rational. I sincerely hope they are not basing Tradeskill rewards off Adventure Levels.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

I reported it as a bug, shortly after KA released, but apparently it's either completely intended to base crafting rewards on adventure level or it's just not important enough for them to fix or it is based on how many you do (which is equally ridiculous imo). I haven't done any alts in a while, I'll have to make note of what status they get for completion.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yes, Signature quests and Heritage quests award status based on the adventuring level of the character involved. This was caught and mentioned during beta. It is my understanding that they're pretty much hard-coded like that, though I'm sure they'll correct me if that understanding is wrong. Having it as a sig line allows for the justification of a bigger reward at the end, rather than just a collection of individual quests.

I know it it sounds like it is just semantics, but rather than look at it as "lower level adventuring crafters get less" look at it as "higher level adventuring crafters get more". The main reward (the cloak) something meant for level 100/100 players. The status reward is also meant to be better for level 100 adventurers. That is part of the reward for being 100/100. It is intended. Now that there's not been a level cap increase for a bit, they had to raise the bar somehow, and this seems to be the route that they want to go.
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

that is what they are doing.
  7. harvash Active Member

A bit off topic...but why 24? I mean, isn't one of each "sufficient"?

Whew, I thought I had a lot at like 10....
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

hehe

I don't know about the OP, but I play on several servers and on at least 3 of those servers I have a full set of crafters. Then there are the other alts that have sprung up over the years and I crafted for a combination of convenience (so I didn't have to switch between characters) and my seeming complete inability to play an alt without starting to craft at some point.
  9. harvash Active Member

Of course, I'll have to ask...why multiple servers...lmao. I have my hands full with what I have, can't really play more than 2 classes or so with any top level of skill myself. Especially with today's complex character development paths (I say complex, but they are copious if nothing else)
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

Because I pay to play and that is what makes me happy. :) Same reason I had the full 8 character slots filled in eq2 on my main account plus ran another account. I also played on multiple servers there (3).

I haven't raided in years, real life doesn't allow for that anymore, and I never really played by the 'rules' of min/max so why not just have fun? And I do.
    Shmogre likes this.