KA instances - mobs & bosses increased damage

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Eskot, May 24, 2017.

1. Revang New Member

After the update 23/05, the damage from mobs has greatly increased. I play fighter. Earlier in the raid t3 boss beat me every autoattack at 15-35 million. Now they beat 40-90 million. For my equipment and my raid, even this is no longer a critical problem. But the T4 boss by the middle of the battle is already beating me 150-180 million (which exceeds the health of the tank in 5-6 times). Even if I do not die, another raid member dies from raid damage, which leads to instant reinforcement of the boss (and fatal chain of deaths). This can not stand even at the limit of opportunities. A raid that only accesses this level of content will not be able to pass through it (they will just be smeared on the walls and floor of this instance оО).
    Definitely need to fix either the damage coming from mobs, or the health of the players.
  2. Mathafern Well-Known Member

Thanks to Gninja for the responses. I don't think anyone expects the devs to be able to test every combo- and players will always find a way to abuse things that the devs would never expect, because who would ever do THAT? WTF? Players are like Jurassic park dinos, they will do things you don't expect.

I do think that a test period on the test server might have turned up some of this- but I know you want to be able to surprise people with content, and also the test server can also just serve to give players more time to find ways to abuse things even worse.

My only concern with this sort of reactive fix to something from the PG is that it affects "normal" play as well, and when balance starts to turn around PVP/BG/PG/etc then a PVE game starts to have problem IMO. I'd like to see a continuation of the usual progression where content becomes more and more accessible as time goes on so that everyone has a shot at getting their mythical 2.0s.
    Livejazz and captainbeatty451 like this.
  3. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Yeah, instead we keep getting fixes, this whole expansion, where raids take a step back. Then make some progression. Then take a step back. Last night vadensnore of all places was kicking our buts. VADENSNORE! We got through some stuff, but it really feels awful when something that you feel you have mastered, that DOES have strats to follow vs just being a turn and burn zone, all of a sudden is wiping out people who have BETTER gear by a LOT than they did when they mastered the zone.

That's what hurts morale. On top of the whole buggy new content stuff that also hurts morale.

Thanks to the devs for keeping up the communication, though. That is for sure appreciated.
  4. Stach Well-Known Member

Probably the best feedback ever from a dev, with this I could keep playing this game. Thanks for not saying Don't play it if you don't like it.
  5. Eskot New Member

I have checked the stats and the mobs & bosses do around 300% more damage. It doesn't look like that it is the problem with our defiler heals as I see HPS has increased accordingly to compensate the damage.
    One boss in Arcanna'sa Spire: Forgotten Sanctum - Queshaun Keeper of Pestilence really has surprised me before last game update he was able to power drain during 3 min fights around 150K now after game update 4 min fight he has done 30 million power drain. Later I fight him again and his power drain was around 20 million. I have seen this level of power drain in raids but not in supposedly the easiest heroic instance of KA.
    This increase in damage for new players comming to KA is like a huge brick wall.
  6. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I just want to say a really heartfelt thanks (and 1 crisp high five) for responding to a thread on the official forums. Not everyone likes using discord despite the 1v1 you can have immediately with a dev (provided they're on / replying at the moment).

Granted PG's were / are a little skeewompus, but pushing through the wonkyness will reward the betacation to testing at the frayed edges with some pretty nice upgrades. For me, the general feel is wishing for a highly polished / tested / superbly programmed experience with the BG technology but with the entire database of skills / items / totems / gizmos / doodads / wham whams, it can't really honestly be foolproofly tested. I get it. I'm perfectly ok celebrating mediocrity until the level cap is raised to 110 in lieu of gettin stuck in PG, exiting, rebooting..etc et al.

So that was pretty cool of you to come in and drop some love here. It goes a long way in, for what could be a lack of a better term - saving face.
    Livejazz likes this.
  7. Yards Well-Known Member

You should at the very least test every single ascension ability vs any new content. Any new abilities added or created, combined etc I'm not sure exactly what is coming next but in a nutshell any ability that has been created in the last year or in the future should be tested vs every encounter, because you can be sure the majority of them will be broken in one way or another. You can thank me later.
    Livejazz likes this.
  8. Malleria Well-Known Member

Would've been a good idea to test the group building code too, since, y'know, you've known it was broken for years now.

And in regards to the "ward acting as DR" bug... it's been live for six months. You've balanced content around it. Surely the intelligent thing to do would have been to let it stay live for another week while you set up simultaneous reductions in mob damage. Removing the DR and letting people get stomped on for a week (or more) is a great way to piss people off.
    Livejazz, Meneltel and Feldon like this.
  9. Eskot New Member

10. Revel Well-Known Member

If you tested these zones, how could something so simple and obvious as Blue side trash mobs on the ship PG having more health than bosses go right through?

I'm going to second Yards here as well. EVERY ASCENSION MUST BE TESTED vs new content. MUST. To fail to do virtually guarantees something breaks.
    Livejazz likes this.