Just wondering why even have a test server?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Normalbob, May 23, 2018.

1. Normalbob New Member

If DBG never uses the test server for big updates or anything, Why not merge it with the rest of the servers? You would think a test server would be able to test updates like GU106 since supposedly it is a test server...
  2. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Think I heard they used a closed BETA for this update.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Test IS used for testing content. However, this update was one that needed level 110 for testing the new instances, and it needed raid testing, and there's just not enough population on Test for that, so they did a closed beta.

The examine window and stuff like that was also put on Test, so it could be eyeballed there.

Test is a permanent population. They don't want copies there, and need a variety of levels as we're used to test events and such on a regular basis, and scaling quests are something that needs testing.

Beta is used for things where they need to test high-level content, and want to import raid guilds and the like.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

If we had more people playing , we could test everything , unfortunately a lot of people don't even know about this server , or don't know how it works.

I wonder if we get to test the "Oceansfull festival" here on test.
    This new festival is coming up in 2 weeks.
    And wile I am at it , please don't forget the population on Stormhold and Fallen Gate.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I am SO hoping that the Oceansfull festival means that Prexus will become a deity to worship! My froglok monk would be over the moon...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Dyeana Active Member

Hmmm Oceans - Full ....... Visions of Oceans 11, 12, 13, and upcoing 8 .... :p
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

My Erudite Fury as well! He's been waiting so long... :D

Uwk
    who also hopes we get new holiday recipes, still ;->
    Rosyposy likes this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

We do use Test to Test, and now that I figured out how to solve the flickering, I can play there again for more than 5 minutes. YAY for me!!
  9. Arcos Active Member

Shame they didn't spot the new bug they've introduced which throws you to Char Sel if you stop a combine early.
  10. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Because real crafters don't stop a combine early :p
    Let's be honest here, why would anyone on Test or Beta suddenly say to themselves, "hey lets stop this combine and test what happens with this update..."
    It's not something that's expected to be tested, so no one would catch a bug like that until they happened upon it (which you or someone you know found by accident) and repeated it several times to see if it was certain recipes or every combine, etc,
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hence, /bug reports! :)

Uwk
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Awesome!! I know that was driving you scatty; how did you solve it? :D

Uwk
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I had to go into the video options on test and turn off some of the anti-aliasing things and the shadows. It is just odd because they are causing no issues at all on live, just on test. For the spousal unit, it was the other way around, Test was fine, Live had the flicker. Now both of us are fixed and can play anywhere, its just one of those weird things.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Odd! Probably a moth between the circuits or something...glad it worked out! :D

Uwk
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Ahhh forgot, also had to change the refresh rate for Test and make it lower than the refresh rate I use on live. If both the hubby and I were not being driven insane by this, we probably never would have figured it out, we were both changing every option and saving and seeing if the flickering got better or worse. I felt like I was at the opthamologist and he was flipping between the 2 lenses and asking me to read the chart and tell him if 1 was better or 2, ok now, 1 or 2, etc.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Instead of "Can you hear me now?" it's "Can you see this now?" ;->

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Exactly, with the MS, I have to see the opthamologist every 6 months because of damage to the optic nerves, and every time, its 15 minutes or so of "is 1 better or 2, now 1 or 2, now 1 or 2".

I should make an advertisement for something like Sprint except for eye doctors. *giggles*