Just wanted to thank SoE for the great class, Templar

Discussion in 'Templar' started by ARCHIVED-Kyrakathas, Dec 9, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Gobbwin Guest

Excuse me for not spending hours researching all of certain peoples posts because I don't happen to agree with their view on things. I peruse the forums, not live here.
  2. ARCHIVED-Gwynet Guest

Doesn't matter... It's not a matter of opinion when you have numbers. It's like people arguing that the earth isn't round or something. It pisses me off because I've been trying REALLY hard to have it fixed, and you have people coming out of nowhere saying everything is fine. How is it going to get fixed if people start saying it isn't broken, even though we have the numbers to prove it? You tell me. Am I frustrated? You bet. As to being called a **** healer because I want to have my spell fixed, I don't get it. I'm not one to come insult people when I don't agree with their way of doing things.

I couldn't care less if you can still heal without it. Sure, I can as well, and we are still efficient in groups. But it's not the point. Because your car can still run fine, are you not going to change your motor if for some reason it consumes twice as much gas as it should? It's just the same thing.

Call me a whiner, I really don't care if I have to go through that to get something fixed. Truth is, even when people have a point and the arguments and numbers to prove it, people are called whiners and there will always be others to come and disagree just to piss them off. Human nature I guess.

You know what the problem is? The templar community is the least united community I have seen, and it's pretty sad. If most of us agreed that something needs to be changed, and have good arguments for it, I wouldn't come and claim everywhere that it works fine. I guess it's just me.

Message Edited by Gwynet on 12-16-2004 12:34 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-EnderMX Guest

Listen. Let's get back to the main issue which is to fix the lvl 26 reactive heal. In reality though, it's entirely up to the Devs. No matter how much we bring up the issue (and yes we've brought it up quite often), it's up to the Devs to fix it. This was no one's fault and the sooner this is resolved, the better it will be.
  4. ARCHIVED-Fugacity Guest

All of his posts are one big contradiction, first he doesn't want SP fixed because it isn't broken. When all data shows that it is.

Then in his next post he bemoans the use of BO, since it is a level 12 spell and calls anyone still using it a ****. He then goes on to say that when he really needs extra healing after intercession, he uses bov for an extra 450 hp (incidently my bov does 102,102,102,102+101 for 509 hp as i still need to get adept3). Why the heck isn't he using SP instead of BOV? Didn't he just call everyone who uses BOV a ****? He doesn't use it because it uses too much power and does heal enough for the extra power used. I do believe that the last tick on SP is larger than BOV's, so you get a bit more benefit for total HP healed, but its still not comparable to the Inquisitors and still too low overall.

The majority of his first post had nothing to do with templars, but to the game in general. His entire post on Templars amounts to look at me i'm awesome. You don't need to fix SP because I'm glad it heals less than BOV as it makes the rest of the Templars act like unskilled noobs.
  5. ARCHIVED-Gobbwin Guest

I would love to see it fixed as well, don't get me wrong, but step back a sec and look at the big picture. Please. Does our 26 reactive heal work? Yes it does, does it work as intended? not a chance in hell, but it IS working. Thats what the devs mainly care about. There are tons of other things that DON"T work at all, that is what they are focused on. This is a problem and it has been petitioned, bugged, and feedback has been provided. Hell someone even parsed it, that is all we can do, nothing more. We can piss and moan all we want, but that is only going to cause hate and discontent...just like it is now.

Are other things getting fixed faster? Most definately, they've spent a lot of time tweaking crafting, but look at them, they aren't united together at all, BUT look back a week ago when merchants temporarily wouldn't buy back items. They united together, reguardless of their differances or differances of opinion, they banded together and filled more than 50 pages of replys in under a day! We don't have enough templars to do that, not even close, our longest topic (the 26 heal) spans multiple threads and are only a couple pages long. Point being, we're a small crowd and as they say "appease the masses". They will focus on what the majority of the players are saying as wrong, unless something is broken entirely.

Peruse through the other classes, they all have their complaints as well, there is a lot of things not working right in the game and they are dealing with them as best they can, but bugs can take a long time to fix, let alone find. So large number of bugs + a handful of people addressing them = a while before "lower priority" issues are addressed. Is it of extreme importance to us? Hells yes, but as I said in the first paragraph, its not completely broken, nor are we the dominant class.

Also on top of all this, they are adding new content, the ingame email, additional crafting enhancements, the lvl 10 Training, etc.. So there's even more work for them. I work in a computer company and work with computer code everyday and have learned the following things:
  6. ARCHIVED-Gobbwin Guest

I would love to see it fixed as well, don't get me wrong, but step back a sec and look at the big picture. Please. Does our 26 reactive heal work? Yes it does, does it work as intended? not a chance in hell, but it IS working. Thats what the devs mainly care about. There are tons of other things that DON"T work at all, that is what they are focused on. This is a problem and it has been petitioned, bugged, and feedback has been provided. Hell someone even parsed it, that is all we can do, nothing more. We can piss and moan all we want, but that is only going to cause hate and discontent...just like it is now.

Are other things getting fixed faster? Most definately, they've spent a lot of time tweaking crafting, but look at them, they aren't united together at all, BUT look back a week ago when merchants temporarily wouldn't buy back items. They united together, reguardless of their differances or differances of opinion, they banded together and filled more than 50 pages of replys in under a day! We don't have enough templars to do that, not even close, our longest topic (the 26 heal) spans multiple threads and are only a couple pages long. Point being, we're a small crowd and as they say "appease the masses". They will focus on what the majority of the players are saying as wrong, unless something is broken entirely.

Peruse through the other classes, they all have their complaints as well, there is a lot of things not working right in the game and they are dealing with them as best they can, but bugs can take a long time to fix, let alone find. So large number of bugs + a handful of people addressing them = a while before "lower priority" issues are addressed. Is it of extreme importance to us? Hells yes, but as I said in the first paragraph, its not completely broken, nor are we the dominant class.

Also on top of all this, they are adding new content, the ingame email, additional crafting enhancements, the lvl 10 Training, etc.. So there's even more work for them. I work in a computer company and work with computer code everyday and have learned the following things:
  7. ARCHIVED-Gobbwin Guest

It never works right, there is always a bug.

Even if it works properly in the lab, the average user will find the bug very quickly. (remember the coders know what to do and when, hell they wrote the code, we on the other hand largely do not)

A simple fix is never easy.

Identifying the bug is the easy part, figuring out what is causing it is the hard part.

Making a patch to fix the bug is the other easy part, the patch actually fixing the problem w/o messing something else up is the really hard part. (yes thats why they have the test server, but to fully test something takes quite a long time (see paragraph 3). Granted a lot of stuff is thrown out the door before it is fully working, that is largely our fault, we demand that problems be fixed immediately. If the patch affects something else, if its a lessor problem than the one that it is fixing, then it is acceptable and the patch can be patched later.

Computer code is a very strange thing, it seems easy but it is not. Different codes interact strangely with other codes, imagine putting a bunch of children in a small room unsupervised, not the greatest example, but sorta conveys the point that they won't always get along.

Now back to my point, its a lot of work and take a while to get done. Me mysteriously "coming along and calling for peace" was my efforts for these boards to not turn into the newbie boards part deu. Pardon me for trying to cool tempers and encourage patience. I'm irritated too, but all this bickering and wining in the forums will get us is the lable "the winiest class". Which I believe someone above mentioned we already have. Otherwise it accomplishes nothing.

That and I don't know about the rest of you, but seeing the same posts over and over again is getting old, they really outta put a filter in place that prevents reposting of old topics and fix the search tool. Now I wasn't vicious, I didn't flame anyone and if you actually, honestly step back a moment and think about what I have said, you might agree with me on somethings. You might not like it, but hey I don't like it either, but that is how big buisness works...