Just started - have some questions about Dirge

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Kofufu, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Kofufu New Member

Hey all

Just started playing a dirge am am 15 atm. I have some questions about the class. So far I'm really liking it but I've noticed I haven't gotten any AOE skills yet. Will that change at later levels? Also, what exactly would be my roll in raiding and end-game content? Am I more there to buff via songs and whatnot or do I do a fair amount of DPS as well?

Overall I'm having a blast and really considering becoming a member.

Thanks!
  2. Amfish Active Member

You wont get any blue aoes until later levels when you pick them as a prestige. Dirges rolls are to rezz, buff the group/raid and to dps. A good dirge can do everything they are required and still give out good DPS numbers =] RO/VC are a big thing to concentrate on as well, as they give you dps, as well as the group.

Dirge is a great class and i love playing mine, some people would think you crazy for it =P
    AccidentProne37 likes this.
  3. AccidentProne37 Active Member

I know the answer was aimed at Kofufu but thanks for the information Amfish! I'll add a question as well. Does this apply to Troubadors as well? I know the major difference in the two bards is that one (troubador) is a buffer for range casters and the other (dirge) is for melee, but otherwise are they the same? rezzes buffs and dps? Sorry if I'm derailing here. Its not my intension but I thought my questions are basically the same as Kofufu's so this might be the place to ask.
  4. Amfish Active Member

I'm not entirely sure, never played a troub and haven't look at what they have to offer in detail. I think they get the same amount, but one of the AEs is a green encounter that gets turned to blue? not sure, someone else will have to confirm =P
  5. Amfish Active Member

Forgot your other question! They are the same, but they aren't. Troubs don't get a rezz, unless they pick up the rez signets from the merchant. DPS depends on the fight. Single target, a dirge should/can beat a troub, but with an encounter fight, troub should/can beat a dirge. Troubs buffs are designed more towards casters like you said, same as dirges are designed more towards melee, so things will be different, offer different things.