Just some thoughts

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Twinbladed, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

PvP Writs....

Why must this be zone dependent, could it not be the entire Kos overland for the kills and the zones for the names?

Damage....

Are we really going to pretend that every class works with this time to kill mixed with 30% max dmg hit?
    Any class that does multiple hits in one spell/ca can bypass this rules, meanwhile any class that does 1 hit for a large sum, has a lower ttk. Not understanding how fair this system is? What was so bad with the original way it worked, or is the mitigation so messed up it has to have these rules implemented to work?
    Sunlei likes this.
  2. Peak Nagafun

OG Nagafen had a damage cap as well. This is not new.
    I do recall some periods of time where the damage cap wasn't in place, but they were brief.
  3. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

It wasn't at 30% though, that's ridiculous then you add in the fact that class can stack damage that hit consistently aro8nd 40% health to bypass the mechanic altogether. This is one reason no one plays Assassin anymore. The time to kill between each class became faster, but was they are trying to solve it with % caps
    Sunlei likes this.
  4. Peak Nagafun

I'm pretty sure it's always been around 40%.
  5. Rouk New Member

Harm Touch used to blast people for way more than 40%
  6. Peak Nagafun

Yes, there was a period of time where there was no damage cap.
    I'm talking about when the damage cap was in place. I'm pretty sure it was always 40%.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  7. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

There was a dmg cap of 60% most of the time. This made sense back then because mitigation and resist seem to actually being a working mechanic. I'm pretty sure everyone has sat around feeling fruitless in this game in pvp one time or another because playing particular classes is not even remotely challenging, but right now playing any of them in pvp is that way except like 3. There is a difference in advantages though. Classes are able to hit for around if not right at dmg cap with multiple attacks at once. You have people able to do walk by because they can get off X amount of ca's and spells in such a short burst that there isn't even reaction time; Remove ab mod off gear and potency, take it back to more raw stats. Longer fights and you can keep dmg cap at 30%.
  8. Peak Nagafun

I couldn't remember the timelines and was curious.

Looks like it generally 40% around KOS/EOF (although I remember no cap at some point around then, I dunno).

I used Denyo's old Ranger videos for reference.
    Trash forums forcing embed, jump to 1:08.

Definitely 60% in ROK/TSO.
    See: a 60% Execute in one of my old vids.
    Trash forums forcing embed, jump to 3:25.

edit: Lol, it's so annoying to track these caps. KOS era T7 video, Queklain definitely 100%->0%'d someone with Assassinate.
  9. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

That's alot of changes back and fourth which makes me believe they thought they all classes are ok under 1 universal cap??