Just returned but can't decide

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Fauzty, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Fauzty New Member

I've always been a fan of the coercer and while I've been away for years, now that I've returned I was seriously considering starting new (my old is 54) with one. Typically a fan of support with CC or Heals (love healers as well). However I've also started considering giving a Necro a try as I never really played one way back when. So, with that said, any thoughts between the 2? It will be quite some time before I'm even going to remotely consider raids (for obvious reasons) so with that, is 1 more desired than the other in small groups? I can only assume Necro solos well (as I assume I'll be doing here and there as I level of course) but how does coercer hold up these days? Any other info you might like to share would be greatly appreciated as well (even if it's "they both suck you want a ... ")

On a side note, looking at crafting, is Sage still worth it or Tailor?

Thanks in advance. Can't wait to start playing again once I get home tonight.
  2. Treiko Active Member

This is an unfair question.. You might as well ask if you should eat the apple or the orange. Sure they are both mages, but they are not the same things. It doesn't matter what anyone says here... even if it's "Necros are the best class in the world!" - it very well might not be true for you. Every class solos fine in this game. Sure, necros can do it a little faster than some, but that is beside the point. Necro is a pet-based damage over time class. Pet does the heavy lifting while you throw down some dots and watch the mob's health tick away. Coercer is about bending a mob to your will, or cloning it to use against your foes while also bolstering the capabilities of the group via buffs and temp abilities.

All in all, give each one a try. Things have changed over the years. Hell you can even try them out as a heroic (lvl 85 at creation). After that you can roll a new one and lvl it up, or if you think you understand it, drop the cash to keep the heroic (trial heroics last for one lvl, at which it will be locked until you either pay or delete it).

Good luck on your soulsearching, and welcome back.. If you have any other specific questions I am happy to help out.