Just another beating a dead horse thread

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Thanous, Oct 24, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Prynn Guest

Actually, going past 100% isn't all that meaningless. I am all for getting on Gaige for coming here and running his sewer, but in this instance I have to say that at least he's right.
    Because let's say that avoidance is 100% against a level 50 mob, then against a level 51 mob it would be say 98%, and a 52 mob it would be 96%, and so on and so forth. If a Guardian were able to get to say 110% avoidance against a level 50 mob, then in effect they would have 100% avoidance against a level 55 mob too. Which would make that mob trivial because the Guardian would never get hit.
    I agree, that had to be fixed.
    However, the way in which it was fixed was bullocks.
  2. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Because apparantly having a 'battle of wits' with you isn't about the facts.
    Thanks Pyrnn for clearing that up.
  3. ARCHIVED-Thanous Guest

I really wish the original author of threads could lock them...
  4. ARCHIVED-Prynn Guest

No offense, the reason it got off track is because:
    • The idea of discussing group saving abilites has been discussed umpteen million times. The consensus from many Guardians (including me) is that we don't want them. Why? Because we don't want to be buff-bots (a), and (b) what good do group saving abilities do for the solo player, or when you are tanking and nobody is (supposed to) get hit? I mean it's so situational, group saving abilities are of limited use and shouldn't define Guardians, and definitely not what makes Guardians a lame class to play.
    • Secondly, just because the beginning of your post didn't stay true to what you wanted doesn't mean that you have to get upset! I think a lot of good things and thoughts came out of this thread. I just think that people don't want to talk about the same thing over and over and over and over (I know I don't).
  5. ARCHIVED-Thanous Guest

1. Yes, it has been covered in different threads, but excuse me for trying to be productive. I'm sorry you don't like the expressed role of guardians, but that's reality.
    2. Then don't post in this thread and start your own to have the debate/topic YOU want to have. If my post bored you, start your own and ignore mine.
  6. ARCHIVED-Prynn Guest

I didn't ever think that the expressed role of Guardians was to provide protection buffs for a group or provide any group saving ability. A group saving ability, to me, would be a group heal or an evac, neither which I would like as a Guardian.

Protection buffs innately stink. Not only are they perenially broken, but they are so situational that they are hardly worth the space they take up on the spell bar. And boring (did I mention that they were boring)? Whereas before Guardians protected their group by tanking, now they protect their group by sporatic casts of protection spells that sporatically work, and who the hell wants to do that? That's a job. And if I have another job in my life I better be getting paid.
  7. ARCHIVED-Aethane Guest

I didnt really dispute that theoretical fact gaige, i disputed tha fact that you say we could go farther past 100% than you or others, the persona screen did not display a number over 100% for any class.Nice job clipping what you wanted out of the post, too bad you didnt include everything i said which said what i just did.
    Here i will post it all for you.
    Gaige wrote:

Yes, but not all could go past 100%. Lol wth man? As if going beyond being unable to be hit would make a difference? going past 100% is MEANINGLESS. Since you are dumb Gaige I will clarify that it is meaningless against an even con mob, you still cannot prove who had the highest avoidance because the persona screen did not show how far over 100% it went nor can you prove it was even possible as it may very well have CAPPED at 100% The persona screen didn't show anything over 100% because it was comparing you to even conned solo mobs. That's why I say guardians could get "more" avoidance, especially against raid mobs. None of which were even conned, cry more? Bet you can't prove you werent well over 100% either eh?<------------LOOK HERE Gaige!
    Oh and learn to read. Mobs were trivial and then they were beefed up and made hard. Cause - Effect. And yet all tanks but brawlers were tanking em all even after they were buffed up....
    Why don't you learn the facts? Then perhaps you may come to a battle of wits prepared and not unarmed.

Message Edited by Aethane on 10-31-2005 06:01 PM