Just a simple honest question.

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Kamapoipoi, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Kamapoipoi New Member

Will there ever be a ROK locked server? I miss the days where EQ2 was actually fun. When EQ2 didn't have all these micro transactions. I would love to see a ROK locked server with no DBG store and mercs. Where players relied on each other for help. Have a non micro transaction driven economy. I miss my old EQ2.

Come on DBG. Make it happen, it will make me a very very happy panda.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Just a simple, honest answer: No.
    Kheldar and Mizgamer62 like this.
  3. Papablaze Member

Too much money to be made from familiars and exp potions to warrant them ever releasing a server without micro transactions. Based on how Fallen Gate is tuned as well you'd clear through ROK in a week and be bored the entire time anyways.
    Mizgamer62 and Dude like this.
  4. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Never gonna happen. The whole gaming industry is pretty much using the microtransaction model, and since you can get most of Norrath and everything involved with it Free To Play, there's not as much subscriber revenue.

Microtransactions aren't hurting you. Nothing you can buy is essential to game play. If other people use potions for fast leveling, or buy splendiferous mounts, it doesn't mean that YOU have to. Just play and don't worry about what everyone else is doing.
  6. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Find a group of folks who feel the same way, form a guild and do everything old school. Wala you have your old eq2 back.
  7. Melt Actually plays the game

Would you never get bored of Kunark? Never want any new content?
    Simparri likes this.
  8. Dinglebert Jones Member

I'd sign on for a TSO-locked server. I think level 80 was where EQ2 was at its best.
  9. Loresinger Active Member

That's what I wonder about these types of servers. I know EQ1 has one, and it's apparently quite popular. The idea is interesting to me, but how does a server like that keep any sort of population? I guess new people might keep joining on, but it seems like once you get to the 'end,' there wouldn't be much left to do?
    Snikkety likes this.
  10. Dinglebert Jones Member

You would think, but there are a lot of locked-in-time nostalgia servers out there. Some fair better than others. Project 1999 for EQ1 maintains a healthy server population even though it's only ever opened 2 expansions in its entire history.

For a specialty server like this to have any chance at longevity, Daybreak would seriously have to put real effort into balancing the content and the itemization. A locked-in-time server can't be faceroll and has to be able to foster a sense of community in its playerbase. I have no faith in Daybreak to successfully execute such a server.
    ErriondRivan likes this.