just a basic question please.

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-SilverMoth, May 26, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-SilverMoth Guest

hi! i have played EQ2 a few times (always stopping then coming back) ive played a SK both times and i have found out playing other games that i like being a caster type more, (i have developed an obsession with staffs!) and so my question is for a warlock what is the best weapon? (please say 2h staff lol!)

also wondering for my tradeskill should i make my own weapons or make my own robes?
  2. ARCHIVED-bellemort Guest

TBH, it really doesn't matter which caster type you are, for the most part you are going to want to use 1H weps, staff/wand/whatever. Across all classes, 2H weps are really a downgrade, from 1H+OH+range slot, there are exceptions, and it matters alot less at the lower lvls, but as you get higher in level you will find that a 2H weapon just doesn't cut it.
  3. ARCHIVED-SilverMoth Guest

thank you very much!
  4. ARCHIVED-AziBam Guest

SilverMoth wrote:
    Of the two options you mention I think you'd get more "use" out of a tailor than a weaponsmith. That said, if you are most interested in tradeskilling your own items you might want to consider sage. They make all the caster and healer spells. You have far more spells per tier than either weapons or armor.
  5. ARCHIVED-SilverMoth Guest

sage? ok ill give it a go! lol.
    oh also, i have rolled lock/wizzy and i am wondering which is easier to lvl/solo with? i know lock is more AOE but can it be used to do solo mobs? cause im liking my lock..
    also, is one more survivable then the other or are they both balanced in the squishy department?
  6. ARCHIVED-DwarvesRUs Guest

In the "squishy" dept, they're roughly the same. If you're going "full defensive" on the AA's warlock can put 10 points into adding a regenerating perma-ward to their Magi's Shielding. I'm not sure if wizards have something similar. Personally, I don't bother -- I defend myself by killing the mob before it gets to me, not being able to tank it.
    Once you get all your spells, if you're soloing vs "regular" or ^ mobs, it makes no difference if you're a lock or a wiz. You'll burn them down insanely fast either way. Vs ^^^, I'd say a wizard's got a slightly better chance of taking them solo, but a warlock can do it too, just a bit slower.