Join TEAM SOE and Play it Forward With Extra Life!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Amnerys, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Amnerys Member

[IMG]

Hulloo all, Brasse the Dwarf here, with a personal challenge for you to raise your game to the next level!

On October 25th, Team SOE will join thousands of gamers to share the joy of gaming, be it online, board games, LARP-ing, or whatever. Together, we will raise money for the Children's Miracle Network charity as part of Extra Life’s annual 24-hour gaming marathon. All proceeds donated will go to the local hospital of each team member!

[IMG]

Why are we doing this?
    Our team is on a mission to help kids through the shared fun of gaming, and we need your help. Each of our team members has chosen their local Children's Miracle Network Hospital where thousands of children are treated each year, regardless of their family's ability to pay.

These kids are facing scary stuff like cancer, cystic fibrosis, and injuries from accidents. On October 25th, 2014, Team SOE will be part of a huge international celebration of the social impact of gamers with Extra Life. It's our sincere hope that you'll find it in your heart to support us with a monthly pledge or one-time gift that will go directly to any team member's chosen hospital.

Your donation is tax-deductible and ALL PROCEEDS go to help kids.

Last year, Extra Life raised more than 4 million dollars, and SOE wants to help push it higher! We can't do this without your help. Donating online is safe and easy! To make an online donation please click a participant's name and then click the "Support This Participant" button on this page.

If you ever needed a good reason to play games for 24 hours straight, this is it! I will personally write you a permission slip to give to your mom, your significant other, or your kids. Just drop me a line at lmcarlson@soe.sony.com or tweet @Brasse and you've got it!

Our goal at SOE is to raise $50,000 this year with our fellow gamers... and have FUN!

My personal challenge to you all: JOIN OUR TEAM... and have FUN!

There are two ways you can participate: join our team to raise money yourself, or donate to those of us who are already taking on this challenge. Either way, you'll be helping children's hospitals directly... and HAVING FUN!

1. Sign up with Team SOE Play it Forward as an individual or as a group (guild, outfit, league, etc.) We are all one huge family - what better way to share our love of gaming? http://www.extra-life.org/team/soe

2. Sponsor one of our team members and donate to the cause in support of our commitment to game for 24 straight hours! http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.teamParticipants&teamID=16093

Team SOE Play It Forward will be livestreaming throughout our 24-hour gaming session. The stream will cover our various participants… on October 25th. Who will be on at 3:15am? I can hardly wait to find out

Start NOW with TEAM SOE PLAY IT FORWARD!

http://www.extra-life.org/team/soe

As I write this, we have ten team members, and have raised $50 dollars. Let's blow those numbers out of the water! http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.teamParticipants&teamID=16093

Thank you for caring for our kids!

This is all about FUN and FAMILY - see you there!

Yer auld Dwarf,
    Linda "Brasse" Carlson
    Kurisutaru, Ayumi, SierraDawn and 5 others like this.
  2. Xaiveir Active Member

Done and done!

Great cause here folks. Would love to see this really take off!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Tovas | savoT New Member

Registered! Excited to take part in this, it's a really good cause.
  4. Spindle Well-Known Member

Great cause! Heading over to sign up.
  5. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I'm so there!! I joined your team a couple of months back!
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is there a deadline to sign up? :)

Uwk
    Moonpanther likes this.
  7. Freyja Member

Oo, I like that we can sponsor team members! Gotta figure out an easy way to sponsor more than one )
  8. liladieni New Member

All signed up and ready to play! :)
  9. Aelissa Well-Known Member

Just Joined! Here's my page if you would like to sponsor me ;)

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=108016
    Will even sweeten your donation by decorating your player house or guildhall, service gift from me on any server, with any donation of $25 or over...I am VERY good at decorating in game and have been doing it since the game launched and tuber strands were the gold currency!

Donate $50 and I will make you a cool signature for the forums (you will need hosting for the graphics, I don't do that anymore!)

Donate $100 and I will make you an awesome Wallpaper for your desktop featuring your character/characters, their name and anything you want on it (within reason, has to be clean).

=hugs=
    m.Nicole aka Aelissa/Znova

Such a cool idea I <3 SOE
  10. Tovas | savoT New Member

As a special "Thank You" to all of my clients, current and future, who donate to the Extra Life event, and help me meet my goal this year you will receive a discount.

For every dollar you donate, I will deduct one platinum from your final project cost upon completion. If you donate more than the cost of your commissioned project, your design project is free and all fees will be refunded to you. The remaining portion of your design fees matched to your dollar donated will go toward my next client's completed project total.

For example: Bob donates $1,337 through my donation fundraising page, and his completed design project is only eight hundred platinum. When Sally's design project is complete, and she just happens to be my next client, she will get a discount of five hundred and thirty-seven platinum off of her completed project fees.

Don't just Play it Forward.. pay it forward!

For the duration of the Play it Forward event on October 25, 2014 I will spend my 24 hours designing a special memorial for the players of EverQuest II that are survivors of, or have a loved one who survived or was lost to, childhood illnesses. A list will be compiled up until October 24, 2014 to have their name entered into a book and placed within the memorial.

All current and future clients who help me reach (and hopefully beat) my fundraising goal will receive a special commission discount code and their name entered into the in-game memorial home as a supporter to the cause.

If you'd like, you can support my efforts at http://tinyurl.com/Ris-EL2014

To add yours, or a loved one's, name to the list for the Extra Life 2014 memorial home, you can email me through my website at www.tovas.net or private note me here.

Tovas R'is of Antonia Bayle

(Would have added this to my original message, but I can't edit it.)
  11. Ocobi New Member

I am signed up as well. I can't wait and am very excited
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I've joined! It may be one of the few times when my fibromyalgia-induced sleep issues work in my favor, in letting me pull a 24-hour marathon like someone half my age! :D

http://extra-life.org/participant/denmom
    Spindle and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. liladieni New Member

Same here Niami....with fibromyalgia and restless leg syndrome, I am up all night half the time anyway....might as well make myself useful while I can't sleep, hehehe.
    Spindle and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Morilina New Member

during the 24 hours, can you change characters or does it track by account? how does this all work? is there a sign up deadline? and how do you raise donations for this?

i really would love to help and have accidentally does 24 hours on eq2 before so i might as well do it on purpose for a good cause. ^_^
  15. Naudi Active Member

Took you guys long enough to make your presence known. Figures with new games coming out NOW you finally give two Sh~~ about giving EQ2 a presence to people who don't play it.
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

You can play any game or games that you want during the 24 hours. They don't even have to be computer games, but can be board games, etc. You have to register on the Extra Life site linked in the OP, join a team (such as the SOE team), customize your profile as you wish, and then once you're done, you'll be given a link to your specific page. You then drum up support in whatever manner works for you. Facebook posts, email to friends and family, cornering co-workers, posting on your blog, what have you.

SOE's participated in this event in the past, and it is a great way to "play it forward"
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, okay, so this is akin to the Walk/Run 5K sort of races! Gotcha! :)

Uwk
    hmm...October 25th...wondering if I can get my pen-n-paper crowd in on this... ;->
    Spindle likes this.
  18. tkwizard New Member

definitely a worthwhile cause. donation made, and looking forward to seeing the various happenings on October 25th. I will also be passing this along to my friends and family.
  19. Glundar Active Member

Hi

I wondered if there was a UK equivalent to this and if there was a parallel event being run?

Thanks
  20. Grundge Active Member

Hey. I must admit that I dislike charities. I used to think they were all great until a few years back an audit report was printed in the paper. It showed that most charities are scams. In fact a lot of charities operating in California fall short of being reputable.

But I did do some research on this and last year Children's Miracle Network Hospitals pulled in about $153 million of which $146 million went to hospitals. That is pretty amazing! :) Thinking back to all the audits I read in the past, that is by far the best numbers I have ever seen. These guys are legit, so I will be supporting you guys in this.