Jal'Raeth lore

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Mixxit, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Mixxit Active Member

Here is some screenshots of the EQOA lore surrounding the shadowed men cousins Jal'Raeth and what happened in the Dead Hill so long ago. Also some interesting lore surrounding the early Teir'Dal dynasties and more!

This was painstakingly compiled by Rezikai from the Antonia Bayle server who is just as an enthusiast at collecting any and all lore from the everquest franchise! Cheers buddy!

Disclaimer: this is EQOA lore not everquest/everquest 2 lore so please dont start a fight in this thread :) Enjoy it for what it is

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Rezikai likes this.
  2. Mixxit Active Member

3. Mixxit Active Member

4. Mixxit Active Member

5. Mixxit Active Member

6. Mixxit Active Member

7. Mixxit Active Member

8. Mixxit Active Member

9. Mixxit Active Member

10. Mixxit Active Member

11. Mixxit Active Member

12. Mixxit Active Member

13. Indoctrination Active Member

Brings back memories of doing that quest on my necro back in the day! Finding that explorer that only spawned for like 8 minutes every hour and was all over takish'hiz sucked so bad...
  14. Mikegonz New Member

I remember all these quests for the Envaric Ascension spell! That explorer was killer! Thanks so much for posting this, I was trying to remember all the lore associated with these quests, but I never recorded it.

Do you or Rezikai have any of the lore regarding the Springview and Last Home prelude quests? I wish the devs would elaborate on all of this content in their current games.
  15. Rezikai Member

Hmm the Springview healer pre-lude to PoD lore was extremely rare because other then the gather components quest that had evils go to Toxxulia's lair and goodies go hunt the plagued knights the only lore was in the quest dialogue and in an NPC who was not part of any of the quests but was simply added to SureFall Glade to tell the backstory of the Springview Sanitarium.

I'll review my notes and see what I can find/remember it may not be entirely accurate but I'll keep the parts as together as I can remember. (stay tuned)
  16. Rezikai Member

The Springview Healers... was a 1 or 2 month prelude event leading up the launch of the Plane of Disease. It started when a mysterious plague was raging through Tunaria, causing it to be spread to NPC and player alike.

(In character as Rezikai remembers it)
    It was an annoyance at first but then a few days later, healers started appearing in the cities of Tunaria such as Qeynos, Freeport, Davar Manor (BlackSwan Inn) and other locales. They claimed to be Springview healers who had come to help stop the vile plague from taking too many lives, but it was so very odd these dark robed healers seemed much more ominous then helpful.
    They asked for help in stopping the plague and requested the help of adventurers willing to fight it. As adventurers in that time did they worked unaware of the old golds and worked with the Springview Healers.
    [IMG]
    The agents of an elixir needed was odd, some would require going to the great southern Teir'dal port city of Hazinak, while helping a pair of Necromancer gnomes studying the effects of this plague.

[IMG]
    Other adventures would find the words of druids of Sure Fall Glade to help combat the plague ravaging the land. Eventually Adventurers would complete the tasks for these Springview healers and receive a small reward, most were daggers or wands.

Then as suddenly as the healers appeared they vanished, while the plague was diminished it still lingered. Followers of darker arts would find a pair of travelers near the small Teir'Dal fort of Seriak on the shores of Lake Neriuss, to provide information to investigate.
    [IMG]
    While other followers of light would find other means to investigate these strange healers by following their trail from the Black Swan Inn near Davar Manor. It was within these tasks adventurers would learn that the healers who had come to battle the strange plague may have been more dubious then they tried to appear.
    [IMG]
    Followers of the darker arts would have to follow the instructions of the necromancer gnomes near Hazinak to learn of a set of ancient plague knights that still walked the land of Tunaria as undead. Bringing them proof of their destruction with crystals from their body would help. Followers of light found help in Sure Fall Glade under the druids instructions to bring back strange crystals from the southwestern black desert known as the Dead Hills. Strange beings found in an undead tower were known to have them.
    [IMG]

Other followers of light would follow the healers in Qeynos and eventually in Qeynos' great healers temple, The Temple of Erolisi whom most clerics followed would see a vision of an alien being Rodcet Nife appear from a vision of flames. He seemed to be from a far off place and granted healers an actual cure for the dreaded plague.
    [IMG]
    After defeating the knights and bringing the crystals back, followers of darkness would have to travel to the lair of the great diseased Dragon, Toxxulia. Within the bowels of the Dragon's lair a great plagued drake appeared with the crystals needed to ensure the followers of the dark gods as well had a cure to the plagued blight.
    [IMG]
    Those who were of the more curious sort may have wandered Surefall Glade while the druids there instructed followers of light to combat the plague and found a great Barbarian, a Grand Unkempt Druid whom had wandered down from the Unkempt forest (an extremely rare sight to say the least) to explain that these healers who had come to Tunaria to stop the plague were in fact followers of the god of disease Bertoxxulous.
    [IMG]
    ~*~
    He said that many era's had passed since the healers walked the lands of Tunaria. He told a story of a great plague that long ago in Tunaria's past ripped through the whole of the continent. Destroying many villages and towns leaving bloated corpses in its wake. The humans of east and west made agreements to create great healing centers throughout Tunaria's Corridor even though the Serpent Spine Mountains had risen creating a mountains block between the lands. Eventually these healing centers would come to be known as the healing homes. Home to the diseased and dying trying to thwart the blight that ran through old Tunaria. Eventually one by one each of these healing homes fell to the disease, as the doctors and surgeons worked tirelessly to prevent the spreading of the plague their efforts were in vain. All but one of the healing homes were consumed by the plague, the Springview Sanitarium. The survivors of the plague ridden Karanas often referred to it as the "Last Home".

When the plagued started to overtake the healers of this last healing home the doctors and surgeons realized they could not stop the plague from their efforts and in a very difficult choice made by these men and women of science and healing they offered themselves to one that they knew could stop the disease, Bertoxxulous. The dark god answered the cries of the healers and priests and brought the plague ravaging the land to a stop. A thick green mist swirled over the Last Home before slowly descending and engulfing the entire sanitarium and the surrounding lands whisking away those who forsaked themselves to the god of disease. It is legend that on the occasions the dark robed followers of the Last Home are seen a great blight is sure to follow.

~*~
    After the knights of plagues were stopped and adventurers of light and dark helped the necromancer gnomes in their studies they were offered a chance to help them open a portal they had helped open in the lands where the dead's presence was the greatest on Tunaria the Dead Hills. Here the gnomish scholars asked the adventurers to bring the 3 hearts of plagued knights that had walked Tunaria eons ago.
    Near the brownie Village of Salisereen in the Unkempt forest was a small valley at the bottom was the 1st undead ghoul knight. Deep in the desert near the ruins of Takish'Hiz the 2nd ghoul knight wandered the burnt husks that was once the Elldarr forest that once gave Takish'Hiz a green canopy. The final undead knight was in the lower savannah near a small fotress of followers of Marr and Quelios, known as Fort Alliance.
    [IMG]
    With the three hearts collected the gnomish necromancers were able to help unseal the portal and adventurers were able to travel through.

After a moment of blackness they awoke in a walled structure. with strange dark green and brown walls of stone and mortar. Inside this place the inhabitants of this place were not hostile outright they were dark robed beings claiming to be Last Home healers and golems doing their bidding. Eventually the adventurers of light and dark would work their way out of the this Last Home after finding the healers and priests still pledged their loyalty to Bertoxxulous and were sacrificing the ill and dying to their dark god.

Beyond the portal in the Last Home the adventures walked along the green soft ground of the Plane of Disease.. a horrid place that was home to the god of plagues himself Bertoxxulous.
    [IMG]
    *stretches* Time for a nap...

Mary the Prophetess and Mixxit like this.
  17. Meirril Well-Known Member

Trying to remember EQ1 live events. There was a plague event shortly before I stopped playing EQ1. I believe there were mysterious figures in red robes that worked in the Karanas and Qeynos Hills. I believe they were called Springview Healers as well.
    Mary the Prophetess likes this.
  18. Rapha Nissi New Member

It's good to see Rezikai is still the EQoA go-to guy around here! Thanks for all the work in posting these.
    Rezikai and Mary the Prophetess like this.