It's Time for the Gorowyn City Festival!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

[IMG]

It’s January and the Gorowyn City Festival and Aether Race is the perfect place to begin your New Year celebration. Norrathians can visit the Far Seas Trading Company’s traveling festival to enjoy some fun quests, items, and city races!

[IMG]

Each month, a different city is chosen to host this week-long event; Gorowyn, Kelethin, Neriak, Qeynos, Freeport, and New Halas each get a chance to put on their own version of the occasion. With Gorowyn playing host this month, you'll want to make your way to the Timorous Deep to find the local festivities. Each city has its own collection quest, so be sure to run through the Gorowyn Postage Collection quest to earn your Gorowyn-themed mailbox for your home as well!

Are you an adventurer or crafter who has saved currency from completing writs this past month? Well, now is your chance to visit the festival merchant and pick up various goodies with your City Tokens! Some of the rewards available during City Festivals include refreshments, house items, and clothing. Many of these items are city-specific, so make sure you don’t miss your chance to obtain these local goods!

The City Festival began on January 1st and will run until January 7th at 11:59pm PST. The festival only comes to Gorowyn twice a year, so don't miss out!

For more information about City Festivals and their rewards, be sure to visit these fabulous guides from our fansites:

2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I still like the idea that others have suggested: have all the cities' festivals once a month, like the Moonlight Grottoes, so we can choose which ones to visit, rather than run around like maniacs, stressing out about missing one for the next six months...or maybe just the "evil" cities at once, then the "good" ones. :-/

Still, they are nice events, and even more so now that Gold account members get double Tokens! :D

Uwk
  3. jakenn Member

Completely agree with you, Uwk ~ ~ once a month would work soooo much better. Especially when events overlap [as they oft'times do in EQ2]. Just my 2 coppers in hopes sony is watching ;~)

aka Marien/Grasun/Bilious
  4. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Yeah I love this game, but please I know it has to be possible to have better drops as rewards. Com'on IT'S FROSTFELL thats supposed to be a Holiday on Norrath and after all this time we get the same ol' GIFTIES? Really?? Hahahhahhhahahaha Whahhhahaha WTF <Pulls out Hair> and so few remaining lol
    P.S. Sony Watching really ? well geez All I want For Frostfell is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Well Moonlight Enchantments is monthly and we have the city festivals but the items that are available during these times hasn't really changed all that much has it?
    So we have Erollisi coming up next? Yeah the Guides of Guk will deliver with a great party and lots of fun but will SOE give us any new Goddies? Ah Hmmmmm just wondering.
    P.S, The only time I have run around like a maniac is when I needed a few more rocks for the Tinker Isle beach LOL
    jakenn and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. santargria Well-Known Member

I like these events as well and if the reason for not running them more often is support/load fine -

How about instead you make the items available all the time on a vendor? Give us more reason to use the tokens!!!

Come on throw us a bone here.
  7. Rynda Active Member

I think it's fine with biyearly city festivals. However, I would very much enjoy seeing a Maj'Dul city festival added. Maj'Dul does have player housing but corresponding Maj'Dul items are very scarce, and no building blocks really match the interior in the Maj'Dul residences. Perhaps also add other city festivals to match the colour schemes and decor of some of the prestige homes?
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Doubt they'll do that, for the same reason they probably won't do all the festivals each month...if we miss getting the building blocks, they're more than happy to sell us replicas of them (not that they scale the same, mind) on the Marketplace. :-/

Uwk
  9. Peace Member

Its a traveling festival, so makes sense a different city each month. However I also agree that having more choices would be nice. And would like to see the crafter recipe building blocks expanded to cover All the selection types. Not all of them have the narrow and wide dividers, etc.
    Some brick, with perhaps a couple of different color mixs, and even a black brick or square stone block, wall and tile. Onyx or Alabaster. Even the interior wall choices we have for Freeport and Qeynos housing, (cracked granit, stucco, ect).

Also, my thanks for the station cash building block choices, even though I have plenty of building blocks myself, I occasionaly find it handy to get them just because they CAN scale up larger.
    And on that thought, we REALLY, really need the grotto tiles,- squares to be larger, and not just scalable larger because they loose their nice definition as they are scaled up to maximum.

Humm..and more pictures?
    Rynda, jakenn and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Well, if they changed the frequency...then players running uber amounts of writs, buying surplus building blocks and dropping them into the Broker about a month after that city fest has passed would not be nearly so profitable. Umm, not that I would do that, of course. ;)

All kidding aside, I think it is kind of fun to wait for each one. I would enjoy some new items...as someone else stated, maybe paintings. A couple new ones would rock.

Kitty
  11. Goreganis Member

I must say, being that I never really have had any use for city tokens until recently till i started worrying about my housing and appearance of it, i really dig the festival. The art work on most of the house item pictures is remarkable!! Keep up the good work SOE.........PS I'm still not happy about what you did with the dungeon maker though, but I guess it is what it is.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Letting us still get Tokens, rather than XP (like we didn't get XP for the Goblin Games stuff, or did we...?), would go a long way towards mellowing me out about that DM stuff (and yeah, I dig the paintings, too!). ;->

Uwk
    "Who now returns you to your regular thread..." ;->
    HaphazardAllure and Goreganis like this.
  13. Goreganis Member

Spoken like a true adventurer...we adventure for fun...we adventure for wisdom.......we adventure to tell great stories of our heroic deeds.....but most of all we adventure for greed!!!

[IMG]
  14. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I love all the paintings at the City Festival. Some of the ones you can get from LON or Vet rewards are cool, as well. If you run out of painting options, try your City Merchant and Loyalty Merchant (if you've not done so already).

Beyond the paintings, the Closed Wicker Basket is one of my fave City fest buys. Hahaha, we used to have lots of fun blowing that up to max size and placing it over folks that would go AFK in the Guild Hall for too long ;) Of course, they also work well for kitchen/ bath decor.
    Goreganis likes this.