It's Odus!

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Mary the Prophetess, Jun 26, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Vanisher123 Guest

Also remembers Halas is a GU with th expansion, not part of it (kinda like neriak) so it doesn't need to be near it.
    Im wondering, what are these?
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...ew/exp_06_2.jpg
    The tube guys don't look like any shadowbeast we've seen, yet those flying things with the plates look like the tinmizer things from various void locations
  2. ARCHIVED-Earar Guest

a bit like gorowyn and kunark I guess
  3. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

Vanisher123 wrote:
    Who says we've seen all the types of void creatures though? I'd say it may be that the Erudites were trying to find a way to remove the shadowmen that would take over a person/thing.
    Or they were trying to extract a creatures Magical Essence so they could further they conquest for Magical Nirvana? /shrug
  4. ARCHIVED-Vanisher123 Guest

Rashaak wrote:
    True, just today someone pointed out to me that when you kill those flying blade tinmizer type things a larvae/leech falls out of the shattered glass head and runs away (also tested this by killing some) With the presences of the "flying blades"-like guys in the image, perhaps the tubes are the fully grown version of these larvae?
  5. ARCHIVED-Homeskillet Guest

That may not even be Erudin or Paineel, but Lord Yael's workings in the Hole. Also, Dartain of the Dark Truth is visting Neriak during the Necro epic and can be found in the library there. What is Dartain doing back on Odus? Does he still reside within the Hole? Is he doing something with the elementals there?
  6. ARCHIVED-McBenzos Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Somebody hasn't noticed the trend in # of zones for the past few expansions..

As little as possible to get away with selling what they call "an expansion". What we get is $20 wasted dollars, since I would actually pay $20 for the content they end up releasing WITH the purchase, not what's available 6+ months after. What we also get is numerous headaches as the devs decided to yet again, change the game to fit the expansion. Rather than what they should have been doing ALL along, fit the new content to work WITH the mechanics of the game. Not change and edit the mechanics and inner workings of the game to fit the new content, herego the extreme laziness that is surely to ensue.
  7. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

You know, Technically, he is correct. All of Odus *WILL* be patched in a live update.
    I mean, Faydwere, Kunark, TSO, and the other expansions were all patched as Live Updates. Since a Live Update will happen when the expansion goes live, all of Odus will be patched in a live update.

.... Still want to argue with me about the size of the content that will be included?
  8. ARCHIVED-Mary the Prophetess Guest

Odus was never my favorite place in EQ Live. It was always the red-headed stepchild of the old world. It never received the attention from the developers that it needed.
    However, I have more faith in the EQ2 development team than many here seem to have. Although the Moors just doesn't have the 'feel' of old Innothule, it does have enough. I am not disappointed in the size, just the feel.
    I think Odus will be more than enough to warrant an expansion. I do hope they put some of the old Odus into it though. I know that we are all in their NEW WORLD now, but not EVERYTHING needs a radical new look, just because they are trying to sever themselves from EQ Live.
  9. ARCHIVED-Vanisher123 Guest

Mary the Prophetess wrote:
    I'm still waiting for the day they have an expansion of something truely new to eq2, not some re-imagined eq1 zone, but something newly discovered in eq2. Stuff from eq1 in fun (though slightly annoying as I had limited eq1 play and have no idea whats going on), but something that defines eq2 would be nice.
  10. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Vanisher123 wrote:
    Of course, the Overrealm completely existed in EQ1. It was right above the burned woods, you just had to find it... ;)
    Personally, I like what they've done so far -- they've used a lot of EQ1 root lore but they've taken it in their own direction, not merely remade all the EQ1 zones in a new engine. You're basically constrained to a single planet (what with Luclin blown up, Drinal not looking very habitable at all, and the Planes mostly closed off) so you have to be careful how much stuff you just go out and add. That and the basic premise of EQ2 is it is a post-shattering version of the Pre-PoP EQ1 world (I say pre because of the PoTime rollback that caused the timeline split).
    Back to the topic at hand, I'm quite happy to get Odus. I always thought it was an underappreciated continent in EQ1, hopefully this will let folks see it in a much better light.
  11. ARCHIVED-Ahlana Guest

Lord_Ebon wrote:
    Wasn't it? I thought the Overrealm represented the Plane of Sky (not Air which was in PoP). PoS wasn't really a plane persay it was floating isles above Freeport area. You ported up to it but when you jumped off the islands you landed in the waters outside Freeport.
  12. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Ahlana wrote:
    You missed the joke about the Burned Woods there. The Plane of Sky wasn't literally located over Freeport. It just chose to dump you into the water there when you left.
  13. ARCHIVED-Ahlana Guest

Duh burned woods... god that is an old one.. sorry :p
  14. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

To make more content for Odus, do you think they could add more to it?
    What are the chances of Erud's crossing and Kerra Isle being added in?
  15. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Josgar@The Bazaar wrote:
    Cusashorn has said on a number of occations that there was alot of places on the Odus map in EQlive that where not accually in game...it is possable that they could add those areas.
    Also baised on the speculation and info posted in the Nexus speculation thread, I would have to think that Kerra Island being part of the expainsion would be a given.
  16. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

kela wrote:
    Agreed, Kerra Island is pretty likely to be there. It's mentioned in the new lore book, plus I think they've already said we'll be getting more Kerra lore, and what better place to do it?