it's not fun to play

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fluffyshute, Jul 16, 2021.

1. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I have not read all the replys OR complaints so I am not sure anyone told you that there is a wiki that give you entire questlines for all the zones. One quest may or may not open up more quest in a zone. Try opening wiki and go to that zone and see what is available. I sounds to me like nothing you are trying is working well for you so try a different direction or go back to where you are happy.
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Just go for the feathers over NPCs heads in a level appropriate zone .
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  3. KnightSkkaar Member

Big oof, since the game is 30000x easier than it used to be. Soloing the first 20 lvls or so used to be a rough go, but it was possible. Now, I imagine one could solo the entire game, including dungeons if you get good enough gear. Maybe your just trying to rush your character progression to much and going into places you cant do yet.
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  4. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

For me, personally, I couldn't stand playing the mages. I had *WAAAAAY* more fun as a tank or scout, and I like the fury healer. I don't particularly like clerics all that much, and mages' cast times put me to sleep. Shamans are ok, but slow killers. Bards, Rogues, and Beastlords are ok, but not a class I prefer. I've played every class in the game at least briefly, and I can honestly say, for me scouts and tanks are the jam. But, also not for everyone. And lil FYI, wizards are a slow building class. Powerful if you put work into it, but very very squishy. Call it a glass canon. Also, not for everyone. I couldn't stand playing a wizard, and it was the very first class I made and deleted in 10 minutes. (LOL!) Experiment. There's no penalty for running around a newbie island for a while, and deleting the toon because you don't like it. It's simply a little bit of time invested enough for an informed decision. Find what feels fun for you.
  5. Roadkillusa Active Member

You do realize that MMO's dont mean you need to play in groups or socialize right? All a MMO means is it is a massive multiplayer online game. Meaning others are in the same world as you. With that said, I do not think solo content should earn the same rewards as grouping and raiding. If a MMO has solo play designed into it then the content should be able to be soloed.
    Raff, Breanna, Hartsmith and 2 others like this.