It works. Now what?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Braxxton, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Braxxton Member

Hi,

I have EQ2 Working on the new desktop computer I bought.

I upgraded it to 8GB of RAM yesterday (Came with 4GB)

I'm running a Quad Core Celeron 2GHZ processor, 500GB HD, Intel HD Graphics, and 8GB of RAM.

I'm able to get on EQ2 wonderfully.

I'm a very social player when it comes to MMO's. Is that still the case with EQ2? I haven't noticed as much chatter as I once did.

In addition, I understand a new expansion is coming out soon. Are players actually taking the time to enjoy grinding, questing, and grouping up, or are most people trying to powerlevel to end game content for the new expansion?

I've yet to reach max level or even get to end game content, but I do have a fun time playing. I just find it frustrating when I have to beg a group of people to group with me in the low to medium level zones, as everyone (in the past) seems to just wants to be in the high level zones and doing stuff there... of which I haven't seen yet personally (I never got to end game / max level).

So, I'm very curious. I'd love to see a bunch of you online tonight. I like MMO's for the social aspect, so I would really love to group up and do quests and grind for EXP.
  2. Xaiveir Active Member

Hey Braxxton!

To answer your questions....

1) Being a social player is great! With an expansion just coming up, there is not as much activity as normal. There are a lot of people that take time away from the game right now with a new expansion coming, because any real gear increases are usually replaced quickly via quests in the starting areas of the new expansion. That would explain why you do not see as much chatter. Also, Chat channels may have changed since last time you played. Make sure to double check those.

2) Yes there is a new expansion coming out (Nov 11th for all access members Nov 25th for others iirc). There will absolutely be people that take their time grinding, questing, and grouping. However, there will also be people race to the end content as well. EQ2 supports both types of play. Most people were already 95 (its a very top heavy game), so those people that are questing and grinding, may still be to far above you (depending on your level).

3) I can understand the frustration with trying to find people to group in the low to medium levels. With the game being as old as it is, and the population being towards the top end of that, it can get frustrating. However, SoE recently put in agnostic dungeons, which is a group of dungeons that people from the levels of 20-89 can group together, and get exp and rewards that are level appropriate. You may also want to find a guild that has players in your level range. That can take the frustration of always looking for pick up groups.

4) If you are looking for people to log in tonight, it would be best if you listed your ingame toon name (if its different than your account name) and the server and the play time that you will be on. The forums can be a good way to get to know people, but ultimately the people that are ingame right now is your best option for you!

Enjoy!
  3. Mozil Active Member

In addition to the level agnostic dungeons (which I haven't tried yet), it also helps to join a guild and just make friends in general. One of my long-time friends picked up EQ2 a while after I did, and we regularly make use of the Chronomage to artificially lower one character's level and go do random things together.

I don't even look at the public chat channels and am not interested in random thrown-together groups with strangers anymore, too many bad experiences in other MMOs. But many times I'll go out of my way if friends or guildmates need a hand, and some of the people who are generally bored with doing X thing for the tenth time might feel the same way.

If you do join a guild, I'd just be sure you're joining one with a more casual atmosphere than MAX LEVEL RAID TIME WATS UR DPS???? and you'll probably be fine.

This too.