It only took an AA

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-littleman17, Feb 13, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-littleman17 Guest

For our Mage pet to finnally behave correctly... I mean my currect one (the first one we get) casts one spell then runs into melee range. Makes me wanna slap the dev who thought that would make our mage pet good...

Then again he may just take after me... for I will walk up and whack the mobs with my wand while soloing ^_^;
  2. ARCHIVED-Lolenlionheart Guest

Erm.......what?
  3. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

Yeah want to give a bit more detail?
    Are you in beta and have earned an AA that allows your caster pet to stand back and nuke and not move?
    Please explain.
  4. ARCHIVED-Magus` Guest

read the thread on AAs, one of the int line roots pet.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lolenlionheart Guest

How about a link to it? :smileywink:
  6. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

I have seen the list of AA's but the OP posts as if he has some personal exp with it.
    Personal exp is much more descriptive than a one line from SOE.
  7. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

The root portion of this AA was removed. Pretty lame imo!
  8. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Heh, I think it' pretty lame that we saw it was needed in the first place. I refuse to see an Achievement as a fix to something that be part of base class behaviour. I will not accept another /pet hold scenario.
  9. ARCHIVED-Errie_Tholluxe Guest

LOL well you wont have to...they took leash and made it an agro reducer currently (say lame with me folks). So, just as an update your stupid warlock pet that would run in and melee....still will.
  10. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]? That was gonna be awesome!! The ONE certain optional AA I was going to take!!

:mad:
  11. ARCHIVED-Eyes_of_Truth Guest

All i can say is they better give us a /pet hold your ground command...
    This and the abilityto take control of your pet were the two "OMG WOW" factors for me...
    they need to give us a /pet hold option on the pet window, or simply make "Guard here" make the pet stay in place even while attacking, forcing it to use any ranged attacks avalible.
    If they do that then i have no issues with them not making it into a AA.
  12. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

I don't want either of those. I just want the AI fixed so it does what it's supposed to. I could have sworn they posted a few months ago about making the pet AI so it stays at range but I can't find it right now. Anyways, until they say running in suicidally is the behaviour it's supposed to have, I want them to keep working at it.
  13. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

Well it's pretty obvious what's happening: the pet casts until all of it's re-cast timers are exhausted, then runs up to the mob, and stops when it again can cast ANY spell. This also occurs if it is out of power, but basically it's because it can cast until a point in which re-casts make it have no attack options.
  14. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

Basically their update to pet AI was this: Lower caster pet's recast timers to 0.0 so it can chain cast spells.
  15. ARCHIVED-Eyes_of_Truth Guest

Yea, they have no .5 sec recast timer, but they still cant chain cast all their spells w/out a lame duck period at some point, by lowering the cast of one spell it casts to fill in this gap, then we have a fix.